“Dump? This place gives dumps a bad name”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Portland Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #120 of 141 Hotels in Portland
Honolulu
“Dump? This place gives dumps a bad name”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Needed a place to stay on way to Oregon Coast a few weeks back....69 dollars a night for a small motel close to the freeway seemed ok. Took almost 30 minutes to check in.....clerk/owner asked for my drivers license 3 times during check in. The last time I would not give it to him....he said room was already charged to my card....no refunds etc. I gave him license again...another 10 minutes before I finaly got key card. Went to room..opened door...and stale smoke smell almost made me pass out. Room was in a shambles...carpet old and tattered....bed was lumpy...sheets were once white now grey...you get the idea. The people that own and or run this dump should be totally ashamed of themselves....people expect at lease half way decent lodging for 70 bucks.....I will never ever stay there again for any reason.

Room Tip: Stay away. Sleep in your car. Sleep in city park. ANYTHING is better then this rip off place.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Dave A

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed July 15, 2012

From the outside it looks like it just may be "ok" I stepped into the room, to find absolutely filthy old ripped carpets with only lord knows what all over it. The walls have holes in them and the trim was falling off in multiple places, I found cigarette ashes on shelves in the bathroom area and I don't even want to know what the many spots were on the curtains.
This place honestly felt like a motel room in a scene from CSI, the cops would walk down the long balcony listen to the door and then bust it down to find the drug dealer or hooker..mind you I'm pretty certain I saw a girl leave a room who was "working". $65 was way too much for a room that isn't even provided with a small bottle of shampoo and conditioner! This place was a last resort since no other hotels had rooms. Next time I'll just sleep in my car.
Disgusting.

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank Jae-n-piper

Travelers are raving about these Portland hotels

Seaside, Oregon
Reviewed April 20, 2011

No the Cabana Motel is not new, probably considered seedy by some. However, for the price it is a good value. As a single older woman and alone I felt safe there. It may be an older place but it is clean. The front desk people were very friendly as well as helpful. I have stayed there numerous times over the last 4 years. Both alone and with my elderly mother and we had no problems. We both felt safe. I have never had problems with any bugs there. If your looking to impress, then it's not for you. If you want a safe, friendly and helpful place to stay, it will work. They offered free coffee in the morning along with pastries. I have no complaints about the Cabana Motel. I was looking for a clean, safe and inexpensive place to stay, it fit the bill perfectly. Thank you Cabana Motel! I always enjoyed my stay there. You made me feel welcome every time I have stayed over the years

Room Tip: Just ask for what you need, they will help you.
  • Stayed April 2011
3 Thank travelinalone
Minnesota/Oregon
Reviewed November 16, 2009

After staying here for one night I was covered in itchy bites and I am sure it was bedbugs. Now I have to wash everything that I took in there with me to prevent infesting my home. I am understandably pretty angry about this. The hotel is dirty and run down. I should have known it was a mistake to stay there.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends