“Earnest, hard-working staff attends to your needs w/o being intrusive.”
Review of Nordic Motel

Nordic Motel
Ranked #29 of 140 Hotels in Portland
Tucson, AZ
“Earnest, hard-working staff attends to your needs w/o being intrusive.”
Reviewed July 20, 2009

My spouse and I were taking a "working vacation," such that we spent a lot of time in our room at the Nordic, day after day. We got a nice, low, extended-stay rate and were very happy at the Nordic. The mattress was nice and firm and the room very clean. We used their fairly reliable wi-fi most of the days, and made heavy use of the microwave, fridge and free movie channels. My biggest stressor when staying in a hotel is dealing with the cleaning staff, but these folks were head and shoulders above the rest in that they never once came around banging on the door too early in the morning demanding to get in to clean. Instead they were sensitive and bent to our schedule instead of trying to make us bend to theirs. When they were wondering if we had cleaning needs, they would call on the phone, which was nicely non-intrusive. Whenever we needed anything, they were prompt to provide it (e.g. towels, toiletries, facial tissues, emptying the trash, etc.) They volunteered regularly to clean the bathroom, but would watch and wait for us to be out of the room before they did so. The proprietors and staff of this independent hotel work hard to keep the property clean, too. The staff were in almost constant motion pruning the bushes, sweeping the drive, touching up the paint, etc.. We found the Nordic to be a very good value for the money.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank fiery4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Eastern Oregon
Reviewed September 15, 2008

I just spent the night at The Nordic and found it to be recently updated and remodeled. I knew it was a small older motel so I was pleasantly surprised with how it looked when I drove up.
The room was VERY clean and the bed amazingly comfortable. It is near the airport so I was concerned about noise but I slept like a baby and never noticed sounds at all. They had a little fridge and microwave in the room and I put them to use. The shower was great, lots of water flow. I'll sure plan to stay there again when I'm in Portland, it's in a handy location. They even had a friendly staff, eager to please!

K Bright

• Liked — It's not fancy but the price is right and it's clean, comfortable and location was good for me.
  • Disliked — Neighborhood, no restaurants in walking distance.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business