“Nice little place”

Nordic Inn and Suites
Ranked #27 of 146 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Best place to stay. Its a little motel but is super nice and clean. The rooms are big, clean and it makes you feel like you are at home. The staff is super nice and f friendly. Stayed here based on the reviews and it did not disappoint at all it's a small family owned Motel and its only 5 minutes away from that Airport andnot to far from downtown Portland. We stayed here three days next time we come back this is were we will stay again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank SDAndrew619

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed in the suite and it was very cute and by far the cleanest motel I have ever stayed in. The owners, as mentioned, were terrific.

I have to note a couple of things, however. In the fully kitchen there are no dishes or pots and pans, and there is a note on the wall that they can provide paper plates, cups etc. If I was staying here for more then a day, I would need to cook , so for future I would bring my own pot, pan etc. There is no mention of this on the reservation information. When my husband went up to the front desk, they did not have any paper plates . available.

Also, I understand that the $20.00 deposit you give them on checking in, is typical of a lot of hotels and motels, but we had no idea we had to do this, so the $20.00 was not something I had anticipated and something I had not budgeted. We had already prepaid for the room.

Other then that, it was a great experience and would stay here again.

Room Tip: If booking the kitchen suite, bring own dishs, pots and pans and silverware..
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Kat H
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here based on the reviews and it didn't disappoint!

We turned up on a Friday afternoon and got a 'double' double room for $94. The room was huge: had 2 comfy double beds, a huge fridge, stove with an oven, microwave, sink and cupboards. There was also a clean bathroom with a: toilet, sink, a small bath with shower over it. Everything was spotless and smelt clean and fresh.

The location is a good 20 minutes from downtown in a car so bear that in mind if you're thinking of staying here without transport.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Laura_Cariss
Reviewed August 15, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
4  Thank Owen B
Reviewed August 12, 2013

After looking at the reviews on TripAdvisor we decided to stay at the Nordic. It is close to the airport and easy to get to. After arriving, we were not disappointed. Very nice motel. The grounds are nicely landscaped (by the owners) and the rooms are very clean/modern/comfortable. Jay (the owner) gave me a great history of the development of the motel which I found interesting. He spent nearly an hour talking to me about the area, the motel his family and the ownership of the motel.

The price point of the motel makes it a must, you will not find a better value proposition in Portland. Did I mention the rooms are clean?

We usually try to find independent or family owned motels to stay at while we travel. This is one of the best! If you find yourself in Portland looking for something different, this is it!

Room Tip: We didn't have a chance to view different rooms but after staying there I would have to liked to...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Rick K
Reviewed August 1, 2013

VERY clean! I prefer to stay here because of the friendly owners and staff...they go out of their way to make you feel welcome :) It is located close to the airport & the shops/restaurants of Cascade Station. Easy access to I-205 and I-84.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank trucker142
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. The rooms are clean and the staff are friendly. The only thing bad about this place is the baby ants in the room we saw maybe 7-10 ants. It won't stop me from staying here again. Overall great value for what you get! The owners are awesome!

Room Tip: No swimming pool or fitness center great place if your flying out of PDX
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple