“So so good”

Luc Lac Kitchen
Ranked #67 of 4,293 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Excellent happy hour 6 days a week, open until 4am Fri/Sat, downtown location.
Richmond Hill, Canada
“So so good”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

What a great concept for a restaurant, you order and pay for your food before you're seated, help yourself to cutlery/water and shortly after you sit down your food is brought to your table. So efficient! This place is so unique, very hip and modern interior with an old meets new Vietnamese-fusion menu. We ordered the coconut curry with noodles, the cheese wontons, the chicken wings, crispy rolls, and some meat platter that came with a whole bunch of delicious meats and shrimp. Everything was delicious, absolutely no complaints, my boyfriend can't stop talking about this place and the value is unbelievable for the price.

• Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Portland
“Not Very Good!”
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Maybe I've ordered the WRONG thing each of my two visits, but I am not impressed at all with the food. Service fine and ambiance chill. Barely okay eats though, even for late night.

1 Thank AMork
Portland, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Over Hyped Mediocrity”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Being a professional foodie for 2+ decades, I was excited to have lunch here. It was my first time and it will be my last time. I have never seen so much hype about an average restaurant.

The waiting area up front was excessively small for all the people in line. Be prepared to wait. Some patrons had to wait outside in the rain. It was extremely noisy with terrible acoustics because of the sparse and cheap furnishings, complete with a bare concrete floor. The parasols hanging from the ceiling were unique however. Background music was more like noise with lots of percussion.

The beef combo pho was too salty and lacking veggies! (beside the bean sprouts) The meatballs in the pho were not homemade, but some commercial prefab concoction-yuck! Salad rolls were OK with nothing to write home about. The silverware up front was still wet from the dish machine. There is no ice available for the self-serve water-refill yourself too. No table service at all of any kind besides to drop off your food. I got the distinct feeling and impression that I was not in a quality restaurant, but in an Asian trough where the food is slung out to feed the masses.

Who needs this? I‘ve experienced much better Vietnamese restaurants in Portland than this place.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank anolddude
“Little gem”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

We nearly walked past this place, it was almost a hole in the wall. The interior was colorful. Wished we found it sooner, we would have eaten here more. When we visited we had no problem getting a seat and the food was served promptly. Will return.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing place”
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Once you walk inside this restaurant, you are immediately impressed by the atmosphere, the food, and the people. I had the Pho and wasn't disappointed!