“Great food-Great Prices”

Luc Lac Kitchen
Ranked #34 of 4,430 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Excellent happy hour 6 days a week, open until 4am Fri/Sat, downtown location.
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I found Lac Luc on Trip Advisor. The reviews sounded much more interesting than the hotel restaurant where I was staying. I ordered carry out food; the Papaya Salad and Chicken Pho were both excellent. The portions sizes were very large and the food was very favorable. Nice find!!!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We hit up Luc Lac for their happy hour (Mon-Sat 4pm-7pm) on a Thursday night and the reviews we read were right on target. 1) There was a line, but it went quickly 2) You ordered at the register prior to being seated 3) It's a small place, but worth the wait 4) Happy Hour is in reference to the food 5) The Pho portions are HUGE!

I'd come back here in a minute. Though there were locals, many of them were skipping the line by ordering ahead of time for take out (smart). It had a vibe of friendly, conversational, have a drink, eat some excellent Vietnamese and be happy!

Next time, I order the Pho, one side, and two beers. Bliss!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

If you want unique and a cool dining experience while not compromising taste check out this hole in the wall in downtown Portland. They specialize in pho and other delicious Vietnamese dishes but their Happy Hour is what has people talking. Most plates are tapas style $5 to $6 each and each one was better than the other. I highly recommend the chicken wings and Vietnamese spring rolls and of course all the noodle dishes. The sit down bar is in the center of the restaurant and where all the action is and quite often gets lineups to sit there. It's definitely a place I would return to upon visiting Portland again.

1  Thank cujoetta
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My wife was in the mood for Pho and Luc Lac was a short walk from our hotel. Reviews looked good and the number of folks waiting in line was a good sign.

We waited about 5 minutes to place our order and maybe 10 to be seated. The food was served promptly, hot and fresh. We started with the Crispy Pork Rolls ($2 Happy Hour Special), which were very flavorful. I had the Chicken Rice Plate, which came with 3 very large chicken skewers, rice, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and 2 more Crispy Pork Rolls. The chicken was nicely flavored. Quite a bit of food, I could barely finish it.

My wife is a Pho aficionado and said her Chicken Pho was the best she has ever had. Again, a very large portion with an astonishing amount of chicken.

The best part? The check was only $20.

The restaurant is fairly small and the crowd was very lively. Definitely not the place to go if you're looking for quiet conversation.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I often eat here for lunch. It is counter service, and they bring your food to your table. The service is usually friendly and the pho is delicious. Looking forward to trying their cocktails.