“basically ok place to stay for a relatively low rate”

Motel 6 Portland North
Ranked #114 of 142 Hotels in Portland
Chicago, Illinois
“basically ok place to stay for a relatively low rate”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

i stayed here for 3 nights. it was somewhat hard to find, in a strange location with little around it but easy access to interstate 5 once you get directions.
it was built in 2002 but looks older and tiresome. the towels and bedlinens were extremely thin and poor quality- didn't understand all the signs about how you'd be excessively charged for any missing towels. who would want to take such thin towels??
the tv was tiny but had 35 channels. there was a microwave in the lobby to use. the clerk/day manager was very professional and nice.
the heating system was difficult to use and didn't always come on.
it was quiet on the 3rd floor at night.
considering the decent rate compared to other portland motels, it was a decent place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank whomever

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ohio City, Ohio
Reviewed June 1, 2012

just a truck driver passing threw, i got a comercial discount with my CDL and they stilled had smoking! The gal working the front desk even brought me Ice for my beer, I was tiered and complaining that I just wanted to watch the game and drink an ice cold beer. I called and asked were the ice machine was then about 5 mins later herd a knock it was her with ice. Its nice to see someone go out of there way for a poor old man from Ohio. i will be back if im ever in the area again,nice clean cozy and great cable channels plus I could smoke and you had a place for my truck.Truck parking is hard to come bye these days.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank kevin b
canada
Reviewed May 21, 2012

The hotel is in a weird location and seems a bit sketchy, but it was well lit and secure. We arrived really late check in was no problem but the staff was not friendly. The hotel and room had a weird smell and it was bare bones. The rooms were ok, but the noise in the hall was unbearable in the morning. It met our needs for a cheap one night stay. You really get what you pay for at this Motel 6.

• Stayed May 2012
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed May 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed here during Portland's biggest swap meet , We loved it compared to the area the price was right, the best part about it was I could walk right out of my room and catch a bus over to the expo center. The rooms were clean the bed was comfy and that Is a lot from me considering I have a bad back! The housekeeping staff was great, she even brought me extra pillows. The gal that checked me in was an absolute doll, she even went out of her way to ask my wife if she need a chair to sit down, being that they were supper busy with all of us old guys checking in for the swap meet. I will be coming back next year. tell Tom Boudette to lave that light on for this old timer! thanks for the great service and clean rooms, you could have shampoo and coffeie pots in the room just a suggestion.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I was to stay at Motel 6 for 2 days and ran to check out after spending one very sleepless night in the hotel. Took desk staff over 5 minutes to arrive after pushing button for service...note I arrived at 4 in the afternoon not 4 in the morning and I still had to wiat for someone to come and check me in. I checked out at 5am and still had to wait over 10 minutes for her to arrive.
Had bug bites all over my arms and legs. Immediately went to laundromat and washed everything with bleach and hot water....taking no chances.
Told this to check out desk agent....she just said "oh...I'll refund you for the unused nights stay". Gee...thanks. No sorry, no I'll make sure to have someone contact you. Nope,nada.
Stay away...far far away from this property. Went to Viking Hotel....not Taj Mahal but clean and staff was exceptionally nice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank boopatsea
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I just relocated from Los Angeles to Portland and chose to stay at this Motel 6 with my cat until I found an apartment. We stayed there for three weeks and felt very comfortable. The staff was wonderful to me. Always friendly and asking about how things were going for me. The motel is quiet and clean, and even though it is an industrial area - it is actually a very central location due to the easy quick access to Interstate 5. The rooms felt like they had fairly recently been redone. Bedding was new and clean. I would highly recommend this motel to anyone considering staying at a reasonably priced motel in Portland. I am very glad I started out my new life in Portland there!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Dawn F
Fresno, CA
Reviewed February 3, 2012

My daughter, her dog, and I stayed here for two nights because the extreme storm that hit her home in Olympia, WA, in late January, 2012, knocked out her power for nearly a week and I was scheduled to fly into Portland for a visit during that week.

When I phoned the hotel directly and asked if my daughter could check in early to get a warm room and hot shower after her extended power outage, they were extremely gracious. I can't say enough good things about their customer service.

That said, this is a Motel 6. You're not getting room service, free breakfast, or a concierge. They give you a clean, warm, and safe place to stay at a reasonable price.

It is about 10 to 15 minutes from the PDX airport. Within walking distance there are Mexican, Asian, and American restaurants,fast food, and a small convenience center. We loved breakfast at Elmer's.The local area is a small enclave close to a race track.

The hotel is a quick jump on I-5 down to the Portland city center or to the east to the Mall on the Gorge and Multnomah Falls

Parking is close. There is an elevator. Free wi-fi that actually let me stream a program. We never had to wait for hot water. Temperature control in the room worked well. Good access to cable tv. Hairdryer not in every room but you can check one out at the front desk. Sound insulation very good.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 2manydogs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland North Harbour
Residence Inn Portland North Harbour
Courtyard Portland North Harbour
Best Western Inn At The Meadows
Econo Lodge at Port of Portland
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#15 of 29 in Vancouver

Been to Motel 6 Portland North? Share your experiences!