“I would recomed this hotel”

Comfort Inn Portland
Ranked #61 of 142 Hotels in Portland
Utah
“I would recomed this hotel”
Reviewed December 9, 2007

In reading reviews of this hotel and reading others comments we decided to book our stay. We wanted a moderately priced hotel with a range of options open to us. During our stay we visited water falls in the Gorge, visited local parks, and used the public transit system (train) located within a 1/4 bock. This allowed easy carefree travel into downtown to botanical gardens, shopping and Saturday Market.
I would have to say that knowing we were going to be coming back to a comfortable hotel each night made all the difference. The hot tub allowed us to soak our tired bodies after a long day. Then end it with free cookies. My husband and I recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed November 2007
2 Thank UtahSharebear

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed October 15, 2007

Very nice accommodations. Nice sized room (King bed) with seperate sitting area with sofa sleeper and window seat. Good sized fridge and microwave. Nice to have sink seperate from bathroom. Bathroom was surprisingly clean with no sign of mold/mildew. Bedding and bed were comfortable. We stayed on the 82nd street side and it was much more quiet than I thought it would be. Breakfast in the morning was a little more than the basic fair but nothing to rave about. Most front desk were wonderful and went above and beyond in providing customer service (printing off directions when we asked how to get somewhere). Only had one problem in that there was no ATM on site. Make use of the nearby light rail and you may not need to rent a car.

• Liked — nice room
  • Disliked — cold eggs on breakfast buffet
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
4 Thank curvacious
Yakima, WA
Reviewed October 5, 2007

We decide to spend the extended holiday weekend in Portland and we chose her based on a friend’s recommendation. Once we arrived they had a clean room, with a nice bed for a reasonable price. The front desk staff was very helpful in explaining the public transit system to us, which is actually right next door. The beds were nice and they even served a warm breakfast.

• Liked — indoor pool and clean hotel
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank SlvrEagle
Oregon
Reviewed July 28, 2007

We needed an inexpensive base of operations in Portland. Although the neighborhood was marginal, the location was convenient to the downtown, and the hotel was an excellent value for the cost. We requested a quiet room when we reserved and we got it. (Ask for one that overlooks Wasco.) All the basic amenities were there; the room was clean and well-maintained. (One funny note was that the art work was nailed to the wall upside down). At check in, they tried to get me to take the room for a higher rate than I reserved ($15 more a night); but when I objected and noted the price at which I booked the room, they gave me the original price. Very good experience. I'd return again.

• Liked — Cost/value for the money
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank zandorfrog
mammoth lakes ca
Reviewed July 2, 2007

I come to Portland 2-3 times a year for medical treatment and I always stay at this Comfort Inn. I can ride MAX from the airport right to the hotel (3 min walk) and the owners are nice enough to give me a ride to my medical appointments (just arrange a ride ahead of time and they will do it if they have an extra person on at the time).

The rooms are large, very clean, beds are comfortable. Staff is great.

I can't say enough about this property and the owners!

• Liked — Great staff and location
  • Disliked — some freeway noise, but not bad.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank sierranancy
ewa
Reviewed May 7, 2007

Never stayed in a comfort inn before but must admit it was a positive experience. For the price the locale was great. 10 min. from the downtown area and about the same time to the airport. Easy access to the the freeways since all you have to do is exit 82nd ave. Rooms were very clean and quiet. had decent ammenities,pool and exercise room, and the breakfast wasnt bad. The only complaint was we were on a non smoking floor but 2 nights in a row we could smell smoke in our bathroom, fortunately the smell didnt last. Complained to front desk both nights and they stated they would take care of it. Upon leaving they discounted our bill 20.00 dollars. I would definitely stay here again since its close to my friends daughter and easy access to everything without paying the big bucks. Also free parking.

• Liked — close to everything and very clean, no frills
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed March 12, 2007

Stayed from March 9 - 12, 2007. Actually stayed here once before and liked the big rooms! This time I wanted to stay outside of the city but not that far out since I had a early plane to catch.

Rooms are big; amenities are okay; one chair and one desk that could use a higher wattage overhead lamp. It's adjacent to the 82nd Street rail stop. Breakfast was decent although we only used it once in the three days on the property. There are several fast food joints within walking distance. The hotel itself has more than the normal amount of cable (or satellite) channels. Parking is free and there seems to be enough stalls for the hotel occupants.

Property is easy to get to by car or rail from the airport. If driving you can get there by car in less than 10 minutes if no traffic on I-205 southbound. Or you can also get to the hotel by taking a right on 82nd St just as you're exiting the airport.

If driving from the hotel towards downtown Portland, the onramp to I-84 westbound is less than 2 minutes away.

I would stay there again if I choose to stay outside of the rail system's "free zone".

Stayed March 2007