“paid to much for this filthy room”

Inn at the Convention Center
Ranked #78 of 146 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed December 21, 2012

You need to fire your head house keeper,
I paid to much money for this filthy,germ ridden motel, we were in another room when we first got there and we had to move to a room that didn't have big gaps on the glass where the heater is cold and very wet floor and carpet needless to say it didn't warm in there, so we got to move to the room next door that sheets were filthy with blood stains and and hair the pillow cases to. Blankets had burn holes,the floor and celings were moldyin the bathroom,with hair everywhere, then we got behind in our task for the day, today and guess why, NO HOT WATER, then they charged my card an extra $20.00, for what I have no idea, except we had a dog, but I was told $10 for that, what else did they charge me for, THE FILTH???
We won't be going there anymore.
The customer service was great, but you have some lazy people cleaning the place. I should be A LOT CLEANER, Sorry folks I calls as I see's um. I should and just might call hometown com for a REFUND

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank SquiggyP

Reviewed November 28, 2012

My colleague and I stayed for two nights at this hotel. There was no kleenex in the bathroom, on day two we didn't have washclothes or hand towels, and when we came back from dinner, there was a woman with track marks up and down her legs and arms who appeared to be a hooker. The hotel was run down and dirty. But, the most troubling was they couldn't or wouldn't generate a receipt for us. Without a receipt we weren't able to get a reimbursement and the staff didn't seem to think this was a problem.

1  Thank Chris M
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I thought they forgot to leave a conditioner in the bath, but when I asked, they said, "We don't do conditioner, you can go across the street to the Red Lion and buy some". There was a bloody paper towel in the ice machine, a hooker in the basement parking garage, the maid refused to move from in front of the elevator to let us get on, when she did, she left the vacuum there so we had to step over it. I was amazed that as we were checking in someone came through the lobby stating that it was a great motel. At check out they refused to give us a copy of the bill since we booked it online, would not give us anything to say we stayed there. Even after a follow-up call they would not even tell us how much the rooms cost each. Told me to divide the total of the three rooms by two to figure it out.

Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

The front desk clerk was very nice and it was close to light rapid transit. BUT: The hotel is a beat up smelly dump and filled with junkies and in a troublesome area. A bloody brawl broke out in the parking lot just after we checked in. The ancient room smelled awful, stains every where. We did not stay the night.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank EthelMercaptan
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Dirty, Dirty, Dirty and did I say Dirty...From the elevator to the halls to the rooms it was dirty..
Stains on the carpets, dirty sheets and dirty windows..Smelled really bad, not sure what it was but it started in the elevator and continued to the room. Panhandlers in the hallways. The location was great it was across the street from the Convention Center where over four thousand women met for "Time Out for Women"... I booked seven rooms for our group. that was a joke when some of the group got there, they said there were no rooms for them! I gave them the names of who would be in each room and about what time the would be arriving... They didn't even check my list!!!! Total incompetence from the Desk staff to the Housekeeping staff. Some in our group were charged $79.00 a night while others were charge $69.00 a night.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone... Disgusted in Prineville

Room Tip: Don't stay here....
2  Thank Jeanie T
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I booked this hotel for a friend who stayed for the weekend. First of all they could not find the reservation even when presented with a hard copy of the reservation. Then my friend called and said the room was overrun in ants and had to change rooms. Then they had the nerve to overcharge my credit card. I was embarrassed to have had my friends had to endure this place. They are disorganized and the place is dingy, dark and dirty. You would be more comfortable sleeping in the street than saying at this bizarre hotel. Just do yourself a favor, pay more and stay at a better hotel!

Room Tip: Pay more and find a better place to stay.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ema55sek87
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stay somewhere else! This place literally stinks. At one point it was a smoking hotel that they've converted into "completely non-smoking" which means that the rooms smell like stale old smoke. You can't control the temperature in your room so it's stale and hot. They "provide" fans which is useless because now you are just circulating stale, old hot air around the room. My bathroom has a toenail in it. It's dirty, old and stinky and hot and the wireless internet doesn't work. They're marketing themselves as a 3 star hotel, but at best it's a 2 star motel. It's a dump, dump, dump.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business