Tripadvisor

Sushi Takahashi 2
Ranked #1,273 of 4,941 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed August 1, 2018

Quaint little place run by husband and wife (I think). Although the place offers sushi and other quick bites on a carousel (it's a train really, on tracks instead of a real conveyor belt), it is best to order off the menu. And order to your heart's desire: uni, unagi, all kinds of tuna and salmon sushi and hand rolls, scallops, octopus, shiso hand rolls, aburi sushi, etc. Great value, too, we were a family of four and hardly finished all we ordered (with a full belly, no pun intended), all told paid $100. Good selection of Sake and Japanese beers.

Date of visit: July 2018
Write a reviewReviews (14)

Reviewed February 16, 2018

To be clear, if you're looking for a lot of sushi for a cheap price this is a great place but that's about it. It's a dive sushi establishment in a strip mall that seats about 15-20 people. This is one of those places where the sushi is on a belt (in this case a train) that circles around the diners. You simply take the dish you want and eat. The awesome thing about this is there's no waiting to make an order - just sit down and dive in. Unfortunately the quality and selection of the sushi was marginal. Also, the establishment itself was "dicey" - could use some clean up and care. I won't be back but again, if you're not particular about the quality of your sushi and you're more concerned about price - this is a good place to investigate.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed December 21, 2017 via mobile

Best "cheap" Sushi in Portland hands down. The owners are friendly and accommodating. Fish tastes delicious and there is a wide variety to choose from. Their handrolls come as two small ones per plate instead of the usual large roll. Everybody raves about the salmon skin roll, but I wasn't in love. Instead, I really like the hamachi collar, creamy scallops, and spicy tuna.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

Stayed down the street and found this on a walk for food. It was quite busy when we got there and had to wait 15 or so to get a seat. But we're very glad we did. The sushi train was adorable and great for kids. The selection was not bad and you can order off the train with a separate menu. The prices were fabulous and the drinks and the staff were great.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed September 18, 2016

I have eaten here several times.

The sushi is always fresh and tasty. I do both items from the train and from the menu. On my last visit, I tried the snapper. Oh my! It was so good!!!

I definitely recommend stopping here.

Date of visit: June 2016

Been to Sushi Takahashi 2? Share your experiences!