Tripadvisor
Portland

“Sorry to Rain on the Parade”
Review of Sushi Takahashi 2

Sushi Takahashi 2
Ranked #1,274 of 4,963 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed February 16, 2018

To be clear, if you're looking for a lot of sushi for a cheap price this is a great place but that's about it. It's a dive sushi establishment in a strip mall that seats about 15-20 people. This is one of those places where the sushi is on a belt (in this case a train) that circles around the diners. You simply take the dish you want and eat. The awesome thing about this is there's no waiting to make an order - just sit down and dive in. Unfortunately the quality and selection of the sushi was marginal. Also, the establishment itself was "dicey" - could use some clean up and care. I won't be back but again, if you're not particular about the quality of your sushi and you're more concerned about price - this is a good place to investigate.

Date of visit: February 2018
Write a reviewReviews (14)

Reviewed December 21, 2017 via mobile

Best "cheap" Sushi in Portland hands down. The owners are friendly and accommodating. Fish tastes delicious and there is a wide variety to choose from. Their handrolls come as two small ones per plate instead of the usual large roll. Everybody raves about the salmon skin roll, but I wasn't in love. Instead, I really like the hamachi collar, creamy scallops, and spicy tuna.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

Stayed down the street and found this on a walk for food. It was quite busy when we got there and had to wait 15 or so to get a seat. But we're very glad we did. The sushi train was adorable and great for kids. The selection was not bad and you can order off the train with a separate menu. The prices were fabulous and the drinks and the staff were great.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed September 18, 2016

I have eaten here several times.

The sushi is always fresh and tasty. I do both items from the train and from the menu. On my last visit, I tried the snapper. Oh my! It was so good!!!

I definitely recommend stopping here.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed May 14, 2016 via mobile

Good sushi! I usually don't like to take plates from the training because taste will change when they sushi becomes cold. Order from the menu so you get fresh sushi.

Date of visit: May 2016

Been to Sushi Takahashi 2? Share your experiences!