“An excellent vegetarian meal and service and I highly recommend a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Loving Hut

Loving Hut
Ranked #455 of 4,249 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Shoreline, Washington
“An excellent vegetarian meal and service and I highly recommend a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

At Loving Hut you will find excellent and almost very surprisingly "wow" ! tasty vegetarian meals served fast and friendly.The menu is decently varied and large enough that everyone should find something they will like whether it be somewhat more exotic to the standard veggie burger and fries.The service is top notch friendly, respectful, and extremely attentive.A good number of non caffeinated and non sugary drinks to choose from which is a big plus.Prices are very fair for the portions and the entire place is clean including the restroom.
I highly recommend a visit.

• Visited February 2014

New Jersey
“Awesome vegan dishes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

While traveling in Portland I realized there was a Loving Hut not too far from where I was staying. I had been to the Loving Hut in NYC many times, having worked across the street, and loved their food. I had been eating a lot of burgers and donuts on my travels and felt it was time to eat something a little more healthy. So I decided to stop in on Portland's Loving Hut and see what was up.
First off, compared to NYC there was amble room to sit. The wait staff was very attentive and friendly. The thing I noticed right away was the difference in the menu from NYC. I asked and apparently a lot of the Loving Hut's have different menus. So no crispy vegan burger for me here. I was okay with that. It's always nice to try something different Instead of going for the same-old-same-old. I ordered the golden rolls and the noble broccoli. The golden rolls were served rather quick which made me a little concerned. But they were good, didn't taste like they had been sitting around or were microwaved. While waiting for my entree the waiter offered me a free bowl of soup. It was really good. That was a nice treat. I think I got the free soup because it was late on a Sunday and the place was empty. Either way, I'm not complaining. My entree the noble broccoli was very tasty. Too much for me to eat myself. I ended up bringing some home. All the veggies were fresh and tasty. The soy and sauce were delicious. All in all a great experience and a welcome retreat from grease for my stomach that week.

• Visited August 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“I saw my first vegan shrimp”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I were very happy that Portland had so many vegan options. He read great reviews about Loving Hut's food and service. He was a little apprehensive about going to a chain restaurant, but our food and service were great. The menu is big and the food is pretty and affordable. We plan to go to Loving Hut in Pittsburgh when we travel there.

• Visited August 2013
Florence, AL
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Visited Portland for the first time last month and one of the best meals I had was at this vegan restaurant called Loving Hut. And I'm not even vegan! I had their version of Sweet and Sour Chicken and it was better than a meal you'd get at a Chinese restaurant. The specialty drinks (Pink Lady) were also delicious. The restaurant is very small and the service is top notch! We went back again a few days later for a carry-out order and the waiter gave us free soup while we waited. Incredibly nice people, incredibly great food!

• Visited June 2013
Trondheim, Norway
“Still great :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

We visited the Loving hut last year and planned our trip to Portland in a way we could have lunch at the Loving hut. We hoped for the excellent service abd food we had gotten last year and our expectations were very high. We got everything and more. It was just yummy.
If you like spicy, ask for their jalapeño paste and be careful with it. It's really hot. We see forward to our next visit next year.

• Visited May 2013