“Friendly Staff, Great Location, Beautiful Hotel”
Review of Hotel Lucia

Hotel Lucia
Ranked #16 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The hotel was in a great location, I could walk to plenty of shops, restaurants, and transportation (such as the Max which takes you to and from the airport). The staff was very friendly upon arrival and accommodated an early check in for me by upgrading me to a king suite at no extra cost. The staff is also very helpful in giving directions or recommending places to visit and eat. The rooms are small but are very clean and decor is beautiful (this goes for the entire hotel). I especially liked the bedding, plenty of nice comfy blankets. Great cafe open for breakfast and lunch which I frequented often. I would definitely stay here again whether it was for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: I stayed in city view room facing Broadway and I had no trouble with noise. I also was right by the...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
HotelGM529, General Manager at Hotel Lucia, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Friendly staff? Great location? Complimentary upgrade upon early check -in? Yes, yes and yes. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your trip to the Hotel Lucia and that you found the directions and recommendations provided to you so helpful.

Please accept our thanks for not only the great review but for your business as well. We know you have choices and we are very happy to know that you will be back.

Respectfully,

Christopher Bebo

Write a ReviewReviews (1,441)

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Boutique style hotel with posh nicely design. Warm dark colors and cozy rooms, though a bit small. The quality of materials are high. I do enjoy the bed and bedware. The toilet is tiny but clean and well designed.

I like small lobbies and his is the case with Lucia who has caters a small diner with great espresso and a typical Grand Cafe style restaurant that also makes good cocktails.

Location is ok with walking distance to the pearl district.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for noticing the recent renovation. The Hotel Lucia has updated its design and decor with guest comfort in mind. We appreciate that you noticed the quality of material used in updating the rooms, inparticular our new beds and linen.

Please consider staying with us again on your next trip to Portland. It would be our pleasure having you again.

Regards,

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I booked this hotel via the hoteltonight app & received a great deal!

Check-In
There was some difficulty finding my reservation but that wasn’t the hotel’s fault and Corbey at the front desk did everything that he could to locate the reservation. He was so professional, patient & graciously helped me. And for the inconvenience of having to wait so long, he upgraded my room.

Location
The hotel is in a great location & is conveniently located in downtown which allows you to walk to many of the local bars & restaurants.

Dining
Try the Imperial located next door. This restaurant has an AMAZING brunch & it’s relatively affordable.

Suite
The Premium King suite was very nice & clean. The room is not very large but quaint and comfortable. The bed linens were also very clean. The goose down comforter is sure to keep you warm throughout the night. The bathroom is small but given that I was only in town for the Trailblazers game, I can’t complain about that because it suited my needs. There were more than enough bath & hand towels and I didn’t have to call housekeeping to replenish. There is black & white photos on the walls of the suite which adds a nice touch to the overall décor of the room.

Amenities
I cannot comment on the quality of the hotel’s amenities as I did not take advantage of these features.

All-In-All I was very pleased with my stay at the Hotel Lucia and will definitely return to this location on my next visit to Portland.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay at this hotel ask for a city view. I was on the 4th floor and since this was m...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a "staycation" (a great package offered by the hotel that covers free valet parking and a $30 dining credit, including room service!) and for the most part really enjoyed it. The rooms are simple and modern, although the photos online make them look much bigger than they really are. I was a little surprised at that. Most of the room is a bed and a TV, with a small desk, and the bathroom is quite tiny. Only room for one person in there! But maybe something you would expect in Europe. :) I had a hard time finding the hairdryer (fyi, it's in the closet). The staff was super friendly and helpful; only complaint is that every time we called the front desk in the evening, no one answered, then would call us back a few minutes later. Super comfy bed, and our view overlooked Broadway. It wasn't the quietest room for that reason (which is ok, if you don't mind city noise), but you can also hear the bathrooms above/around your room. So we could hear every time someone flushed the toilet. A little bothersome, but maybe that is to be expected in an old building. Location-wise, it was nice to be near the heart of downtown AND only a short walk to the Pearl district and lots of dining/shopping. Overall, the price was reasonable and I would overlook these little complaints to stay here again for a similar price.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I booked my room on a clearance site, then paid an extra $20 to get an outside room. For the location it was a steal! Service was absolutely impeccable. As other reviewers have noted, the rooms are not spacious, but the beds and linens were dreamy. It's also only 9 floors, so you don't get to see over the top of much, but I wasn't visiting Portland to hang out in a room, so the location and service more than made up the difference. Easy walk to Chinatown, Powell's, The Crystal, food carts, the waterfront, Voodoo,etc. Valet parking is expensive ($37/day), so take that into account. The great black and white photography throughout the property is a great touch.

Room Tip: Try for an outside room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

As an experienced traveler and reviewer I was even more pleased after reading your feedback. Thank you for both your business but also for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Impeccable Service and comfortable beds and linen? Sounds like a good combination and one we are pleased you enjoyed.

Please consider staying with us again on your next trip to Portland. We would love to have you back as our guest.

Respectfully,

Reviewed January 19, 2014

The hotel has a great location in downtown Portland. Walking distance to great restaurants and shopping. The rooms were disappointingly small and poorly laid out. The door to the bathroom was right at the foot of the bed, if it was open it would be impossible to walk around the room. The night we spent there one of the two elevators did not work often leaving us waiting for an elevator for 5 minutes. Guess it would have been quicker to use the stairs. Also note, there is a charge for wifi you would think in a major city in this day and age there would be free wifi especially for the price they charge for a small room.

On the positive side the bed was comfortable. The hotel was well a great modern, hip feel to it and was kept amazingly clean.

Room Tip: Ask about room size.
1  Thank Stephanie B
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I have nothing but extremely positive things to say about our stay at the Hotel Lucia. From arriving at valet to walking to the front desk, the service was friendly and prompt. The decor is modern, and I was slightly obsessed with their social media wall in the lobby.

We stayed in a Junior Suite, which had two bathrooms! Two! Boy is that convenient when you're a girl who can't see and needs to sit on the sink to do your makeup at the exact same time your husband wants to take a shower. Their tubs are quite long and deep, and perfect for bubble baths.

I got such amazing sleep in the bed. There was a throw blanket that I became enamored with, and threatened to steal. Unfortunately they weren't able to tell me how to purchase, so it looks like I'll just be making return trips to visit it.

Some of the fun things they had were: a spiritual menu, a pillow menu (Hello body pillow!), pre-programmed iPods in case you left yours at home and really wanted to listen to some Portland bands, and my favorite, pints of Salt & Straw ice cream that could be delivered right to your room. The night I ordered the body pillow, they asked if I needed anything else, and I said, "Sure, if you have anything fun." Was really not expecting anything but said body pillow. The attendant came up several minutes later with a body pillow, a box of Holiday Chai tea, and several chocolates. If that's not service, I don't know what is. Would 100% recommend this hotel and plan on staying here for future trips.