“Neighborhood gem”
Review of Bethany's Table

Bethany's Table
Reserve with OpenTable
Bethany's Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #415 of 4,404 Restaurants in Portland
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Bethany's Table is a casual European style bistro offering meals made from fresh, local ingredients and served in a relaxed setting imbued with genuine hospitality. A beautiful private dining space is available to seat up to 40 people. Please call to inquire. Grass-fed beef, humanely raised (and tasty) chicken, fresh seafood, pasta, risotto, polenta complimented by unique ingredients such as foraged wild mushrooms, truffles and sea beans (wild asparagus). The menu is complemented by a thorough wine selection and a full bar. Dinner is served nightly from 5 PM - close, and lunch Monday through Friday from 11 AM - 3 PM. The Table is a popular neighborhood spot blessed with a loyal cadre of regular customers. This results in a large portion of diners walking in. For this reason, ​a number of tables are held out to accommodate walk-ins.
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Always a great selection of specials. Warm and inviting atmosphere, a nice blend of family friendly plus gourmet class food. Always friendly service. Delicious tomato basil bisque, and the frittatas are tops.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Good things do come in small packages. The Bethany Table may not be a big restaurant but it sure does serve up some good food. Nice atmosphere and good service will defininately get me back in the door. Dave (the owner) was very helpful in selecting the right wine. I look forward to our next date night!

Heard they have a killer breakfast as well.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We eat here quite often. We love the intimate atmosphere. The food is always fantastic. My son will request this restaurant because their burger is amazing. My husband gets the pork or steak special quite often. I am vegan and they will often modify something on the menu for me and it is always very tasty. The salads are great! Try the smoky bleu, it is wonderful, as is the warm beet salad. My son loves the minestrone soup, and will order it instead of a burger! We don't often get dessert, but when we do, it is VERY good. We also love their occasional wine dinners. What a great value for a wonderful experience.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

So....I have my eye exam in Bethany Village. Right across the street is Bethany's Table and the perfect spot for lunch after my appointment. I have a burger with mushrooms and a glass of white wine. Okay...wine at lunch? Well, it felt like I was on a vacation in a tiny village somewhere far away. It just seemed like the right thing to do. The wine was good...the burger was amazing. I have never, ever, had a burger this good. I only get my eyes checked once a year, but "I will be back" for more of this little gem's food. Yum and yum.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

After hearing good things I thought I would try out this neighborhood spot with a friend for lunch. When we went in we were not even greeted by a sour pussed woman who told us we could sit wherever we wanted so we picked a cheery table by the window. After our waiter described the wonderful specials and looking at the menu we did have a difficult time deciding on what to order because everything sounded delicious. We finally decided on the BLT with a cup of clam chowder for her and the fish taco special for me. Our food came out minus her soup so I politely asked the waiter for it which he went and got with no apology just came and dropped at the table. The food was quite good!
Then water started dropping on my friend which she couldn't figure out how this was happening but I could see where it was coming from. I told her to move quickly as the water soon began to quickly start pouring from the ceiling onto our table! Another guest ran in to the kitchen to get help as noone was coming to our rescue! The waiters were busy cleaning up the floor, the sour puss at the front desk was checking with the women at the next table who spilled a drink and were left to fend for ourselves. Not one employee or owner asked us if they could move us, help us, get us anything! They ignored us! Sour puss went around to all the other tables and spoke with them. When a man came out of the kitchen a little later with a ladder I asked if he was the owner and he said he was. When I mentioned this to him I was shocked at his response: "Obviosly we don't care so just consider your lunch on us." Ok Mr. Smart A#$! What I was looking for was an honest apology and how can I make it right and some good will - maybe then you would have gained some new customers! Way to do business!!

1  Thank Janice B