“Excellent coffee roaster and shop” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent coffee roaster and shop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

I always have a difficult time deciding on where I want to settle down for a coffee or tea, especially in Portland. I cannot claim to have a very discerning taste in coffee, and while I feel I can differentiate between good and bad, I do not necessarily dislike any type of coffee bean/tea leafed concoction. That being said, I feel that World Cup does an excellent job with their coffee roasting, done in same building as the coffee shop here in Portland’s lovely Alphabet District. I can always find a spot to sit down with my book or computer to enjoy my beverage and the general atmosphere is always unhurried and friendly. They also have some beer selection, which is also appreciated- sometimes coffee just doesn’t cut it.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Los Angeles, California, United States
“Fun and friendly!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

This little coffee shop was larger than expected. They had a good variety of drinks for customers to pick from. There were also some books and games to entertain yourself and friends with during a relaxing afternoon.

Coffee was good and didn't taste burnt or bitter. Their baristas also treated everyone like long time customers.

Visited October 2013
Houston, Texas
“Close to the Hostel and tasty coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

The coffee and staff here are both quite good. Over my stay, I had two different danishes, and they were also very good.

Visited June 2013
Salmon Arm, Canada
“Coffee at the Hostel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

World Cup supplied the coffee for the Hostel across the street. What a great way to wake up!! Super nice coffee, thanks!

Visited May 2013
“First class treatment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

This was a stop on my pedal bike tour of Portland. I think we met the owner Dan who gave us a tour of the store including the roasting machines and how they process all those great coffee beans. It was very interesting and was ended with a cup of coffee. Awesome way to start the morning.

• Visited June 2012