“A wonderful dining experience”
Review of Noisette - CLOSED

Noisette
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Northwest District
Cross street: NW Vaughn
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My wife and I ate at Noisette this last Saturday evening. We had the tasting menu. It was just wonderful. The staff were very knowledgeable, helpful and never intrusive. Despite the fact that the restaurant is not large, it never felt crowded. We were shocked to realize we spent three hours. We can't wait to go back.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My partner and I went to Noisette for our anniversary recently. It was our first time there and we both loved it. It is a great little restaurant, with excellent food, a charming atmosphere, and attentive service.

All around, the restaurant skips the usual Portland hipster gimmicks and goes for a more formal experience. Severs in suits, no wood benches or turn of the century decor flourishes. Not that any of that is bad, but it nice to have some variety in the city.

We both went with the 8 course tasting menu. At $85, it isn't cheap, but considering the quality of food, doesn't feel outrageous either. If I was ordering a few of their "small plates" I might feel a bit robbed by the price to portion ratio, but that is probably why the 8 course tasting menu is encouraged. Each dish was original, and all but one were impeccable. The Foie Gras with Foie Gras ice cream was one of the best things I have ever put in my mouth. I would have gladly traded in my "seared" tuna for an extra serving of Foie Gras. In fact, I would gladly eat that dish every day if I could. As amazing as that was, nearly everything else came close to it.

For us, it is more of a special occasion place. Dinner + wine makes for nice dent in the wallet, but it is definitely worth it.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Don't be scared away because of the odd location. This was a memorable meal! The Tasting menu is the only way to go! The Sommeliers are some of the best in Portland! Although we brought our own bottle, the list is well thought out with many fairly prices gems! Can't wait to return!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Sat outside on a fantastic Portland night. All three of us chose the tasting menu. Well, it was more like a binging menu. OMG it was fantastic. We expected bites, not fantastic demi portions. And for $85 it was an astonishing value. Also, the fact that three servers delivered each course with th female in our party being served almost first every time, well done! A bit stuffy inside. Cool bathrooms though. Go. Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

While the ambience is soothing, and the food was great, we were still disappointed. The food tasted wonderful, and the service was special, but the portions were less than tapas-sized. We had a lobster cold plate that offered 4 small bites, and the cost was $30! Our bill for 2 warm and 2 cold plate, (all tiny portions) and one cocktail was nearly $100!! ... As good as everything was, we won't go back ... Didn't feel we received enough value for our money.

1  Thank DiscoTrish