Inn at Northrup Station
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
$159
$143
Shilo Inns Portland Airport(Portland)(Great Value!)
$142
$319
$299
  • Breakfast included
1,141 results
All reviewsfull kitchenfree parkingstreetcar linefree ticketsyogurtbright colorssalt water taffythe pearlfunky decorfree street caralice in wonderlandrooftop terracegreat neighborhoodsitting areasmall balconyhard boiled eggsnob hill
Reviewed November 22, 2010

We love Portland and looked for a hotel in the happening Pearl District north of Downtown. Alas, nothing there . . . but this place called Inn at Northrup Station popped up not too far to the west. Continental breakfast and suite for $135 (per night) closed the deal and we drove down from Seattle for a long weekend.

The hotel is recent and spotless, occupying a half block in the Northwest neighborhood, a bustling area of small to midsize apartment buildings and some light industry.

Decor is quirky and colorful and our roomy suite included a king bed, large flat screen TV and complete kitchen with range, microwave, dishwasher and refrigerator. We landed on the third (top) floor over the parking lot in the rear, so plenty quiet at night.

The Inn is right on Portland's streetcar line (hence the name) which carries you through the Pearl and downtown Portland and on to the Oregon Health Science U complex south of downtown. Get free streetcar passes at the front desk. The Pearl district is an easy walk as well. But you might never make it there if you pause to explore the inn's Northwest neighborhood first.

The inn borders on 21st street (runs north/south), which has several restaurants including the excellent Wildwood, right across the street. Two blocks west is 23rd, which is lined with all the cafes, restaurants, bars, coffee shops and shopping needed to serve the 'hood. More shops per block and way more fun than downtown.

The continental breakfast was fine, with bagels, waffles, cereal, toast, hard boiled eggs, yogurt and fruit aplenty. No fitness center, but $5 buys you a pass to LA Fitness nearby. Bottom line: we've found our place in Portland, and highly recommend the Inn at Northrup Station.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Goodjudge44
northrupstation, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at Northrup Station, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2011

While every Portland neighborhood offers its own flavor and fun, we agree that finding plenty
to do right here in Northwest Portland is no problem at all. Thank you for this great review
(we love Wildwood too!) and the next time you visit be sure to give us a ring!

Reviewed November 12, 2010

We loved the funky decor in the halls, the rooms, and the breakfast room. Alice in Wonderland would have felt at home...I sure did. The breakfast was great..yogurt, cereal, waffles, cereal, fruit, juices, teas, coffee, bagels, etc. Everything there was clean and neat. The room was good. We loved the full kitchens with everything we needed to make up a quick lunch or reheat our leftovers from the local restaurants. The free parking was unexpected. My only request is that you add a washer and dryer so we could wash some clothes. No weekend service for laundry was disappointing.

We hope to be back next spring. See you then.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family

You definitely discovered one of the best things about the hotel: it’s funky enough for Alice (as
you said) but it also feels like home. And that’s a great combination. We’re glad you enjoyed
your stay, and spring in Portland is gorgeous so it’s the perfect time to come back and stay
with us again. Cheers!

Reviewed November 5, 2010

The story of my eventual disaffection with this place is kind of like a romance gone sour. It didn't happen over one incident, just an accumulation of BS that led my inner voice to say, "Just forget 'em and move on."
I'm usually a very low maintenance guest. I check in, stay, and then check out.
I had no problems with this place until the summer of 2006 when someone slashed my tires in the parking lot. I didn't report this to the staff or police because I had a Bush 2004 sticker on my car and figured, well, this is Portland and sometimes the natives get weird.
Then, in the summer of 2008 I stayed for a week and came home with what one of the doctors at the hospital where I work said were bedbug bites. I e-mailed the manager who assured me that he had an exterminator check the room over and found nothing. So I believed him.
This month I stayed for 5 nights and when I checked out found my car had been broken into and the stereo ripped out of the dash. The kid behind the desk assured me that in the 4 years he's worked here nothing like this has ever happened. I mentioned the tire slashing incident to no effect. I've owned my car for 8 years now and driven it all over the western US. Noone has ever messed with except in the parking lot of the Inn at Northrup station. The odds that this would happen only to me and twice in the same place seem rather long.
So now I feel that they just lie to their guests. I wouldn't tolerate this from a chain motel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
northrupstation, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at Northrup Station, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2010

Good or bad, we take each review very seriously in our ongoing effort to earn a smile from every guest. So even though the break-in was, unfortunately, outside of our control, we’re truly sorry it happened. To your comment about what is currently a very serious concern in the hotel industry, let us be clear: The Inn @ Northrup Station goes to great lengths to ensure that each and every guest enjoys a comfortable stay. In the event a concern is brought to our attention, we would immediately bring in an expert to investigate (as was the case when you stayed with us in 2008). We did not find anything then, and our strict guidelines remain firmly in place today. Humbly, we apologize once more for the unfortunate circumstances that transpired during your stay but we thank you for your review and hope to make it up to you someday.

Reviewed November 2, 2010

this hotel was great, funky deco but pretty cool, felt like alice in wonderland! arrived at 3am and jason had everything ready and greeted us at the door, very polite and offered great info, nice to be able to grab a hot tea in the reception. Now this is not a four seasons, but at $114 a night neither is the price, and at all the other hotels you will pay $20-30 parking, plus $8-14 wifi all of which are included here. VERY CLEAN, spacious large rooms, Bed, very ultra comfy, sheets nice, pillows perfect not the disappearing type. duvet cosy, bathroom shower/tub sparkling. Kitchen, microwave, and all the stuff. and the rest you read on the others. i slept great all night, my honey woke up with the tram going by every 15 minutes or whenever, so for him a room in the back would be better. great staff. no smells or anything funky in the room, just fresh and clean, open and bright. shampoo/conditioner/soap/ all there. sofa comfy. someone mentioned that it felt like cheaper construction apartments, and I would probably agree.. nice finishes with the granite, and furnishings, but the walls, doors, trim, solidness, would be that of a mid to lower newer apartment building. great local. would stay there again and get a back room. we often stay for business in the westin, four seasons, taj hotels, and I felt pretty happy here and very happy not paying double, not getting nickel and dimed, thank you! We missed the breakfast as i slept in.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Alice in Wonderland is a pretty good description, except that instead of a rabbit hole you get a huge rabbit suite with all the things you mentioned and more! We’re glad that such an avid traveler had such good things to say about us. Thank you for your review, and if you’d like a room in the back next time just let us know and we’ll do our best to put you where you want to be. Cheers!

Reviewed October 26, 2010

The Inn at Northrup has a great location---right on the streetcar line and very near several good restaurants, shops, and 2 small groceries. It was clean and the front desk staff answered any and all questions in a friendly and patient manner. The breakfast is good and coffee and tea are available throughout the day. Would stay here again any time. The only negative thing I can say is that they did not provide a shower cap in the room.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Well shoot, we always have a few packaged shower caps behind the front desk so feel free to ask for one next time you come visit us. Thank you for the review; we appreciate each and every one of them as it lets the world see just how much fun staying here can be!