“Great Creativity, But too Salty.”
Review of Lardo

Lardo
Ranked #26 of 4,673 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 26, 2016

I saw a great rating for this restaurant on TripAdvisor. I decided to give it a try, for I never have been there before. When I arrived, I was pleasantly surprised by the large crowd and fast, friendly service. However, the food had a disappointing taste. I did find the creativity of the sandwiches and fries to be amazing. Unfortunately, my sandwich and fries were unpleasantly salty. The salt took over the flavor of the food itself. However, this doesn't mean I won't try it again. I don't judge a restaurant based on one-time experiences. I will give this place another shot soon enough.

1  Thank Michael V

Reviewed August 25, 2016 via mobile

Lardo hands down sets the standard for sandwiches in this food crazy city. Inventive combinations, like griddled mortadella, quality, locally sourced ingredients, bread to die for, rotating taps of craft beer, and indoor and outdoor seating. Wonderful!

Reviewed August 23, 2016

Although I opted for the amazing Lebanese restaurant next door, I ended up eating bites of entries ordered by four friends. The pork was tender and flavorful. The french fries were my favorite: Rustic. And the salads were huge, although one had only a trace of dressing.

Reviewed August 16, 2016

The dirty fries are so rediculously good. The korean pork shoulder with kimchee and the fried chicken sandwhiches are amazing! Sit outside, bus your own table and get your own water and utensils. Park in the neighborhood but out of towners, please be courteous to drivers and pull aside when cars come in narrow lanes.

Reviewed August 3, 2016

Had the Korean pork shoulder and dirty fries and was not disappointed! Perfect balance of flavours and the meat was tender and delicious!

Been to Lardo? Share your experiences!