“Fabulous sandwich”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I am always a sucker for a good tuna melt sandwich, and today had an absolutely delicious one
at Lardo in downtown Portland. Besides being succulent, savory and interesting, it was so
large that I brought half of it home to eat later. Also ordered the Lardo fries and could have
snarfed them all up in one swoop----great!!! Husband had a pork belly gyro and was not
thrilled with the pork belly part of it (not cooked well enough for him) but thought the rest of
the sandwich was great. Ambience is okay---it IS just a sandwich place, and a good choice
if you are in a hurry. I do recommend the place and want to go back to try different products,
but I'll have a hard time deviating from the tuna melt! Really good!!!

1  Thank carolinaylorenzo
There are newer reviews for Lardo

Reviewed November 6, 2013

This restaurant was OK, but I can't give it an average review, because I believe the prices were too high for the food. Lunch for 4 cost us over $50. And that's just a sandwich. I'm sorry, but for that price, I would have expected more.

2  Thank Bruce R
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The eggplant sandwich was perfectly seasoned and cooked; the pork banh mi was delicious as well! Thx

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Went with three adults, a 15, 13 and 10 year old. The adults all loved it, the kids all gave it a thumbs down. The dirty fries came with bits of pork belly, hot peppers and fried herbs. Nothing special about them. The tuna melt was great if you like fennel and capers, the tangy taste was great but not for kids. The cubano was pretty standard fare, as was the cold chicken. The pork sandwich was good. The rolls for all of the sandwiches are not your typical rolls and were delicious but again, not for the kids. They have beer and wine so this would be a great place for adults looking for unique sandwiches. Not a fancy place but quality food.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We needed a snack...A greasy, special, delicious snack- this place seriously hit the spot.
A guy on the street (who didn't work there) recommended we go in to try the dirty fries. And we did. And we are glad that we did. And we'd so do it again. You should too... (Also- beer on tap!)