“Dirty Fries. That is all.”
Review of Lardo

Lardo
Ranked #27 of 4,560 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We needed a snack...A greasy, special, delicious snack- this place seriously hit the spot.
A guy on the street (who didn't work there) recommended we go in to try the dirty fries. And we did. And we are glad that we did. And we'd so do it again. You should too... (Also- beer on tap!)

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Had a chance to check out Lardo, at the Westside location late last night. My hubby had been there a couple of times before when he was in Portland on business, however, I finally got to try it out last night! We had gotten lost looking for another establishment and hubby suggested we hit the Lardo on the Westside for a late night bite. Man, am I ever glad we did! I had the best Tuna Salad (Italian Tuna Melt) I had ever had ( came with home made olive tapenade, home made caper mayo etc) and because I am gluten intolerant, had it without the bread but it didn't matter; it was still delicious! The dirty fries were to die for ( this is CERTAINLY not a restaurant Weight Watcher folk should go to!) and hubby's sandwich looked good too! I would have no hesitations about coming back here!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I decided to stop at Lardo for lunch. It was a very busy place. We both got the cold fried chicken sandwich and split an order of fries. I could not even fit the sandwich in my mouth. I normally do not eat meat but decided to take the plunge and I was delighted. The chicken was crispy and perfectly done. The bacon was sinful-in a good way. The fries were so different- the Parmesan cheese was a great touch. My husband had a IPA which he loved.
Not usually food that is our cup of tea, but every once in awhile you can splurge!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Went here on a Saturday afternoon and the place was packed! We ordered the Pork Belly BLT, Kimchi and banh mi sandwhiches. All of them were pretty good!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Our small family went to Lardo (in the SW city) for quick late dinner on 10/4/13. Our meal consisted of a gyro,double burger, single lamb burger, dirty fries and 2 sodas. The cos $42.

Now if we were seated and served AND/OR the food was presented on something other than paper AND/OR we sat in a comfortable seat AND/OR the service and place was great or special.... NOPE, none of the above.

Walk up to a counter and order, wait for your food to be brought to you on a piece of paper, sit on a un-movable uncomfortable stool with no back ( by the way be prepared to fight for a place to sit after you order you may not find a seat) in a place that is nothing to write anything about.

I not saying the food was not decent or good. I am not saying that there is no reason to go to Lardo. Actually, the dirty fries were very good and the order was sizable - but for $7 they should be. For $42 I want to be served, sit in a decent if not comfortable seat, see the food on a real plate (especially in a place as environmentally conscious as Portland, OR) and I want some service not self service.

This is a wonderful city with a ton of food offerings. We have traveled in the USA a great deal and can compare. This place needs step up their game. It is just not all that. Deliver more of something or trim some of the fat off the prices cause the meal we had was $30 at best. Three sandwiches on paper, an order of fries and two soda for $42 without a decent place to sit and some service? Nah - I want more substance and less hype for my $ and I think you will also. Not to mention you can get it in numerous places in this city chucked full of good restaurants.