“Buns barristas and brews”
Review of Lardo

Lardo
Ranked #28 of 4,419 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Delicious sandwiches and wide choice of craft brews along with coffee and teas. Perfect outside dining with friends and pooches. Staff was really cool. Sorry we don't live in PDX!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Was just recently staying near the 12th/Washington location and popped in for lunch. Order at the counter and they bring it out; anything from a Pork Bahn Mi to Pork Belly sando. I had the Korean Pulled Pork with Kimchi...the rolls are outstanding; some of the best I've had. But the inside was so flavorful and spicy without being too much so. And the fries...oh wow. dusted with parmesan, sea salt and fried rosemary, it all makes for a tasty lunch. This definitely ties, though in a different way, with Bunk Sandwiches.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Was visiting a friend, we were hungry, called in order for Pork belly BLT, dirty fries, mortadella sandwich. Was really awesome good tasting food and good for the price. Was happy it wasn't busy, so I hope no one reads this review. But really, it's gooood!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We met local friends at Lardo for a long-overdue reunion. Having just stepped off the Amtrak, I was in a bit of a daze, but the power of good food restored my energy.

My PDX friends told me that Lardo had evolved from a food truck, and I can see why. My wife opted for the chicken sandwich and I ordered the pork meatball banh mi. I normally don't eat anything Vietnamese outside of my home city of Houston, because it just doesn't compare, but this was a step above. All of the flavor, all of the right notes were hit with this sandwich. The herbaceous quality of Vietnamese food was on point and the meatballs were tender. This, combined with the crunch of the vegetables and the good bread made for a superior sandwich. We also ordered the "dirty" fries at the insistence of our local hosts, and they were right. Fresh-cut fries with pickled peppers, herbs, and pancetta were phenomenal, as were the cocktails we ordered. My wife declared her spit-roasted chicken sandwich the best she had ever eaten. The pickled red onion, horseradish, and arugula gave it a nice bite.

As we continued on our tour of the Pacific Northwest, we looked back at memorable meals and Lardo always came up tops.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

One bite of my ham sandwich at Lardo and I was back in my Aunt Peg's Midwestern farm kitchen 40 years ago, enjoying a real, straight-from-the-pig meal. This trendy and yummy restaurant is not for the person worrying about their cholesterol. Eat that little piggy guilt free, and wash it down with a locally brewed beer. This place is all about good beer, the best of Miss Piggy, and arriving on a bike. However, I will not be returning because when I asked for a glass of wine, the sweet young thing behind the counter looked at me as if I had sprouted a horn. Be forewarned, Lardo may be the flavor of the month in this foodie-driven town, but you will be most comfortable here if you are under 40, ride your bike everywhere, never think about your arteries, and only drink beer.