“Pig Out at Lardo's Westside”
Review of Lardo

Lardo
Ranked #29 of 4,430 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Great variety of pork and beef artisan sandwiches. Fresh salads and pickled root vegetable. Fun and fast service. Great Beverage selection

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Highly recommend the pork meatball bahn mi and pickled vegetables. I've never had a bahn mi like it. It was beyond words, so good. They know what they are doing, came out very quickly.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This restaurant has a sign inside that says Pig Out. That's because there is a lot of pig on the menu. The menu is limited and has a weird concoction of ingredients. I had an eggplant sandwich which included huge chunks of fennel that overpowered the eggplant. Didn't like it at all. The place has a nice vibe and service is good. You can eat outside or inside. It's very clean. You might want to check the menu before you eat.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The best mortadella sandwich I've ever had.
Probably top 5 fries I've ever had (dirty fries).
Double burger was fresh & delicious.

Good service, quick service.
Next time in Portland this will be my #1 lunch spot.
We need a Lardo franchise in Vegas!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

With a name like "Lardo" I was expecting there to be a lot of pork fat, but I was pleasantly surprised that not everything was deadly. My wife and I and another couple had a mid-week lunch at Lardo on Hawthorne in SE Portland. We ordered some of the recommended sandwiches, such as the Bahn mi and the cold chicken. I had the cubano and we shared an order of dirty fries. Everyone was happy with their sandwiches, the fries had chunks of "bacon" (ham fat I guess) and slices of peperoncini. The cubano was good, if not life changing. The fries were terrific. Combined with a Lompoc Proletariat Red, it was an excellent lunch. The food came out right away (which we were told was because we had our order in before a rush came in).