“Wow!”
Review of Salt & Straw

Salt & Straw
Ranked #1 of 129 Dessert in Portland
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Small-batch, chef-driven ice cream made by hand with local ingredients since 2011. We hope you love it!
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Amazing. And this is from a girl whose dad used to own a frozen custard store, so I know of what I speak ;-). Flavors were unconventional but not off-putting (for example, pear and blue cheese), and the ice cream was smooth and dense. The honey lavender had just the right amount of both, and the special "Feast - Oregon's Bounty" flavor was full of what's best about the state. I'll definitely put this on my list as a must-do every time I come back!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I never knew that ice cream could taste this good. The long line, wrapped around the building confirms how good this place is too. Different flavors from the norm but won't disappoint. My first visit and was given samples before I made my choice: Chocolate with Gooey Brownies. Delicious!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Just heaven.... simply the best ice cream in the world - ever! Forget italian ice-cream... once you have cream from here you'll just know its simply the best.

The most extraordinary flavours you could ever imagine...

Go see for yourself but do expect to wait and queue for it... maybe halfway down the street and around the corner. I can assure you the every moment of waiting is worth in ice-cream gold!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

With over 1000 reviews, there is nothing I can add, that has not been said before :)

This is delicious ice cream. Strawberry is my favorite, because it has Strawberry Jam swirled into the ice cream, making each bite (lick) delicious :) My wife loves (is addicted to) the Almond Brittle :)

Reviewed September 15, 2012

The strawberry balsamic honey ice cream is out of this world. So worth the wait in line! We will go agin and recommend,