Open today: 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM

from $90.00
More Info
from $68.00
More Info
All reviews reserved seating reserved tickets acts showroom headliner hilarious stage
Reviewed 3 days ago

Better than excepted. Comedy clubs need to be active and fresh, this club makes the cut. Helium is in the center of the action in Portland. Funny, fresh and worth the visit. It was the highlight of out trip to Portland.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Decided to do something different while in town on business. Went on amateur night and had a blast. The host was the funniest but good food and drink all made for a great experience.

Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

Great club and the service was top notch. Loved my time there. Only with I could have had better seats. I was solo with reservations, and got stuck on the side.

Reviewed June 25, 2018

My boyfriend and I went and saw Bryan Callen here and had a great experience. The check in was easy going and staff was very friendly and helpful. public transportation runs right by it and is close to downtown,

Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

Matt Braunger was the headliner and he was so funny! We had a good experience at Helium upon arrival picking up our tickets at will-call. We received useful information from the ticket lady; with reserved seats we didn’t need to get in line early we could finish our drinks in the lounge before heading in. The reserved seats, which ended up being the first row in front of the stage was okay being that close, it wasn’t loud. Our drink and food order was taken and delivered quickly.

Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

Great comedy, wonderful staff, best time out with friends. The headliners are wonderful, but also appreciate the opening acts.

Reviewed September 28, 2017

Took my lady to Helium for the first time for the Mystery Comic Night with Jack Night. Jack was a Hilarious Comedian and even the second act was good and I'd seen him before as a local comic. The atmosphere was nice, I'd been to Helium in the past and had positive experiences and enjoy the small and intimate setting. I paid a little extra to get reserved seating but I had the misfortune of being seated behind a very tall guy with a Man-Bun and made it difficult for me to see around his big head....This guy probably should have been seated on the bench seating instead of the table seating especially considering they where reserved tickets.

Service...We had a server who was very sweet and quite but we would have long waits before seeing her again. I understand the life of a server and having to take care of a ton of people by yourself is not fun, but as a guest, waiting 35-40mins for service, especially when you don't have a drink takes away from the experience. Once again, reserved seating must not mean, better service which will be important for me to consider if I make it back here in the future.

The Food....For a guy who loves BBQ and Pulled Pork sandwiches, I got really excited to see that they had a Pulled Pork Sandwich as a menu item. I quickly ordered that and got it pretty quick. Unfortunately the sandwich bun store bought, soft (no soggy), and the pulled pork tasted as though it had sat in the tray all week long and tasted awful. Soo bad that I took two bites and had to order something else. After an about 40mins our waitress came back by and I told her about my displeasure and we got Mozzarella sticks instead and asked to make sure that the sandwich didn't make it on our bill which it didn't and we were appreciative of that! My lady did fine as she ended up getting 2 glasses of wine and the champagne and pear vodka drink to end her night while sharing a cheesecake and some Mozzarella sticks with me. I however only had 1 Arnold Palmer but was never asked if I wanted another one which I could have had about 3 more but was never asked after I had mentioned my displeasure in the sandwich.

Overall, if I could go back, we probably would have passed on a trip to Helium and gone to Harvey's instead or did the general seating, ate before and ordered water and wine instead. Not impressed with what we paid for and will be very hesitant coming back or recommending people come here in the future based on these experiences.

-Rick V.

1  Thank rvaughan23
Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

Attended a comedy show to see Gary Owens who was hilarious had us laughing the entire time. The helium club was a decent spot to enjoy some good comedy and the ticket pricing was reasonable.

Reviewed September 7, 2017

Looking at the outside of the building you would have no idea how nice this place is on the inside. Great venue for comedy, service was outstanding, and the surprise was just how good the food was. We are definitely going back.

Reviewed July 30, 2017

A great place to see Headliners or local comedy talent. The club is upstairs and the seating is tight to maximize the capacity. The reserved seating is up front and well worth the extra as you are very close to the short platform that the performers are on so they are right in front of you. Buying reserved tickets also means that you don't have to wait in line and can chill in the lounge with a drink until the showroom opens. You do need to pick up your reserved tickets at least 30min ahead of the show (when the showroom opens) or your table may be released to somebody else. The showroom minimum is two items (drink or food item). The food normal bar fair but was actually pretty good. Drinks were good but not very strong. Note that items from the lounge do not count against the showroom minimum.
We saw Jon Lovitz who was great as was the crowd. The venue is clean and they have a pretty efficient system to get people in, served, and out after the show. Overall it was a great experience and we will definately return.

1  Thank pdxworldtravler