“Really a jem” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Late Night, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Brooklyn, New York
“Really a jem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

On my first night in Portland, I wandered into this place and couldnt be happier. I had a salted caramel ice cream and my husband had a mexican chocolate. The flavors are so unique, robust, and subtle at the same time. I came by once more with more family. Its a great little local shop.

Just a warning---their mint is very.....mint.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
ladybugthepug
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect from this local ice cream joint, but we went after a local recommended it. I tasted a number of samples and went with the Almond Joy sundae - vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, salted marcona almonds (awesome idea), toasted coconut and whipped cream. I was a happy camper!

Visited September 2012
Albany, New York
“The Best $1”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

Wonderful and interesting ice cream. I went there during their late afternoon happy hour they offered small cones or small cookie-ice-cream sandwiches for $1. It was the best $1 I spent in Portland.

Visited August 2012
Central California
“My new favorite ice cream joint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Locally owned ice cream joint using local all natural ingredients that taste home made. The ice cream sandwich with lemon cookies and Honey Lavender ice cream was so heavenly I could cry. The Brown Butter Pecan made my tastebuds jump for joy. I can't get enough of this place when I am in town. I love their creative flavors and natural ingredients. I love that they are open late for those after dinner cravings. Don't miss out on this place, they even have lots of seasonal flavors too. I will be sure to visit everytime I come to town!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Followed our noses”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

Exploring Portland and smelled something amazing. Took a turn and found it was coming from the waffle cone iron at Rubys. Yum! Cones as good as the delicious unique flavored ice creams. All fresh made by the friendly staff. Only regret was that we didn't have room for an ice cream sandwich!