“Superb Korean Delicacy”

Cuisines: Lebanese
Neighborhood: Northwest District
Neighborhood: Northwest District
Reviewed June 6, 2010

Found this terrific restaurant in the Northwest Portland area that delighted us both with the personal touch from the owner, to the dishes that showed thought, culture, and culinary skill. We ordered the Han Jung Shik (Prix Fixe) which is a seven course meal paired with wine. On first glance it appears to be more than one can consume, yet the delicacy of each course coupled with the wine was just fabulous. The owner took the time to explain each item, how to eat it correctly, and concerns about the few items that were extra spicy. No rush just a relaxing Korean experience worth the money.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 17, 2007

Really excellent Korean food. The service is always extremely top notch as well.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed December 11, 2007

Very tasty, but overpriced. I'd rather go to sorabol.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed September 20, 2006

My daughter and I were in Portland on business and came across this restaurant by accident. We were thrilled with the tasting menu and the effort and time taken to explain the dishes. It would be lovely to go back.

1  Thank moviegourmet
Reviewed January 12, 2006

Last year, my girlfriend, her companion animal and I went to Portland to do some tax-free shopping and grab a bite to eat.

While we there, after strolling down the Pearl District, we had the wonderful experience of enjoying the BeWon's (-)bewonrestaurant(-)/ eight course vegetarian/vegan Korean meal for $24.95 each. We used a Microsoft Passport card and the restaurant is also listed in the Portland Entertainment Book.

The meal came as I remember with pumpkin-rice porridge, stir-fried sweet potato noodles with vegetables, shiitake-filled baby crepes with eight items representing each providence such as carrots, egg whites, egg yolks, bean sprouts, and other items, stir-fry mushrooms, broccoli and other vegetables entree with two types of kimchis, spinach, smoked squid, some kind of pancake, quartered sweet potatoes, bean sprouts, fried crispy seaweed with crunchy rice and firm black beans, tofu soup and finally followed with ginger cider with a pine nut resting on top and a dessert of fried puffy rice roll. Chris, the male proprietor who was serving as waiter that day explained in detail each dish's gustatory and cultural history.

Afterwards she told me that was the best meal she had had in several years. When I asked why, she replied that it was difficult to find places that would serve this many vegan/vegetarian courses unless they were solely dedicated to that crowd.

1  Thank KeithGormezano