“Disappointing, and not so serene.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Portland Spa and Boutique
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We booked a couples massage weeks in advance for our trip to Portland. The massage was booked at 4:15, they called us at 4:00 as we were literally on our way there in a cab to tell us that due to a "family emergency" only one therapist was on site. Our options were to re-schedule, or have 2 short massages back to back. We arrived and cancelled. Needless to say, it was probably for the best, as this "spa" is in a pedestrian strip mall on Portland's waterfront, and didn't seem like an ideal place for relaxation. There is probably a reason that there are no actual photos of the facility on their website. Maybe a great place to have your nails done, get a spray tan, and get a shot of Botox, but not for a relaxing or therapeutic setting.

Reviewed December 30, 2011

I purchased a Groupon package for laser treatments. I scheduled the appointment and then they called me with a different time and said they had to change me, didn’t ask, rather told. The location was VERY difficult to find (as previously stated) and thus I got lost and was seven minutes late. I called the Spa to see if I was at the right location. She said I need to place you on hold and I sat on hold for about three or four minutes. When she got back she said I was too late to come as I was fifteen minutes late. I told her I wasn’t even fifteen minutes late and I had driven 45 minutes and was willing to wait if needed but I wanted to go through with the appointment. She said no and I asked where they were located as I still couldn’t see the Spa. She didn’t tell me but rather said there was no reason to come in as I would not be seen. I asked her several more times to give me directions, on the fifth request she told me. I went in and she said they would do nothing for me. She said they had no staff to work on me (even though it was NOW 15 minutes late and there should have been someone for my appointment). I told her I would like a refund as she was so rude. She said I would have to go through Groupon, which I did and they were fabulous to work with and credited my card before I even left the location. I have never been so disappointed in a company’s customer service in my life. I would think twice before booking anything at this Spa.

2  Thank momofthreeincamas
Reviewed October 5, 2011

My wife and I attended Portland Spa and Boutique for our 13th wedding anniversary in September, 2011. We signed up for couples massage, facials, manis, pedis, and a makeup application for my wife. The total experience was wonderful... the massage therapists, manicurist, and esthetician were so pleasant and really attempted to make the day special for us. We were constantly offered wine, and they took great measures to make sure we were as comfortable as possible. The esthetician (can't remember her name, but the thin, blonde girl) was fantastic! After reading all the reviews trying to find a perfect spa in Portland, I am so grateful I chose Portland Spa & Boutique.