“quality time quality beer quality guide”

Pubs of Portland Private Tours
Ranked #36 of 112 Tours in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: Our tours will allow you to experience, first hand, the best of Portland's beer culture. Discover why Portland is known as "Beervana". Tours are "boutique style" (no more than 12 attendees) creating maximum interaction with your tour guide. Guides are brewing professionals with knowledge of all beer styles and beer production. All tours are “eco-friendly” being conducted using Portland's Tri-Met light rail and trolley system - one of the finest in the U.S. Tours last a minimum of 5 hours and will visit a minimum of 4 (usually 5) of the best breweries and brewpubs. We begin and end in the heart of beautiful downtown Portland. Many different beer styles will be sampled and those styles discussed. Tours include a custom beer evaluation sheet to track and score the beers sampled. Beer ingredient samples will be examined and discussed to educate you about beer styles and recipe development.
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Marc was nice enough to squeeze us two in his intimate group of 8. He's so laid back, easy to communicate, and not to mention very knowledgable about brewing. Breweries visited vary in style, which we greatly appreciate! The group had a good and friendly vibe, owing to Marc's relaxed personality. Food was awesome too! Can't think of a better way to spend a drizzling afternoon. Highly recommend and book early!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We met some friends in Portland for the weekend and our friends signed us up for the tour. Neither of us are big beer drinkers, but we thought it might be fun and it was. There were only six of us on the tour, not a large group, so we didn't feel like we were part of a herd. Marc is very knowledgeable and very likable and we learned a lot about beer and our own taste in beer. We really liked the combination of walking and light rail, the different types of hidden pubs that we visited, and enjoyed the anecdotes about the various parts of town. And we're converted - we've started trying out more of the dark beers that we liked and are enjoying it. We would recommend Marc's tour to everyone.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I went on this tour with a friend on a return trip to Portland. We wanted to do something different, and this was a great choice. Not only is Marc extremely knowledgable about beermaking and beer, but he truly enjoys sharing that knowledge. Riding the streetcar around town allowed us to make five great stops and see several neighborhoods. Marc also shares a lot of interesting information about Portland during the course of the tour. I would not hesitate to recommend this tour to anyone. It is a long tour, but the value is unbeatable.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I am from San Francisco and I came to Portland on a wedding trip with my boyfriend. We were looking for stuff to do since we have a big craft brewing revolution going on in SF, we wanted to see what Portland had to offer. This tour was everything we wanted and more! We got to see a wide variety of pubs and tastes and this tour was totally eco-friendly (used public transport). Marc was a friendly and knowledgeable tour guide, the price was great, and I highly recommend this tour!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I took 5 guys with me to Portland for my Bachelor party and we decided to do the Pubs of Portland tour...Marc went above and beyond for my group!

One of my groomsmen thought it would be funny to post flyers of old pictures of me around town, well Marc helped him set up flyers before our tour at all of the breweries we were hitting!

I would highly recommend this tour. Marc knew his breweries and his beer!