Madison Suites Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$200
$343
$327
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Inn at Northrup Station(Portland)
$184
$178
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was an abused mother and left Las Vegas , NV with very little money thinking I could start over and Oregon is such a beautiful state The motel is run by rude, obnoxious man his lazy wife and some family members, the units are disgusting , the room i was giving 1st had a non working tv in it so after driving about 16 hrs due to having to stop so many times because of medical conditions , they moved me to another room. When I went to the bathroom I just happened to look up and there were blood splatters on the ceiling , as i observed the people who were as unfortunate as myself in having to stay here, you can tell they mostly consist of poor families with small kids whom I felt so sorry for. The people who he the owner employed , he treated like awful ....A girl in say her 20's came to my room asking me if i could give her a ride to a place where she could pick up a western union, to pay her and her boyfriend's rent. I asked her why , dont you get your room taken care of by cleaning the rooms?? she said no but that could have and probably was a lie , In my 20's I did some things i regret so im by no means perfect but I knew when to stop, so i clearly know the signs, And believe me I searched online for 2-3 months before I had to leave, I was being kicked out of my own home , by my own daughter and her husband....I have several severe medical conditions , but still tried to look for a job. I read the reviews and knew the chances i might encounter but I couldnt afford anything else, the last straw was being awakened by the sounds of screaming and since the rooms are so small you hear everything, the girl in the other room was being beaten , there wasnt a wall she didnt hit , I called the office to report it and the owner said he has no control over what happens in the rooms as they paid there money !!!! so i called the police i was so shaken and upset i gave the wrong room # I had to leave to clear my head and went to the library which was very close, and contacted my friend in california, she said "oh no you go get your stuff and come back here will figure it out ...when i got back to the room i saw a police car coming down the street, i waived him down the st. I told him what happened , and that sorry excuse of a owner tried saying nothing happened here...I told them i gave the wrong room # and told them i reported it to him , who blew me off. thank god the police ran there ID's and the girl kept saying "he never touched me" i said i know what i heard , it was probably a different girl, as some of the reviews i read said the owner gets a kick back for turning his head ,please dont stay here , its full of drugs, pimps, and prostitution this was sept 2011

Room Tip: No room in this motel is good the owners are rude, and make money off renting to pimps who beat there girls as we all know happens I heard the west side of oregon is the best but it is more expensive, and by the time i got there i was so exhausted , and didnt know anyone or where i was ,this place should be shut down , oh and there is a methadone clinic right on the corner , so druggies hand out there 24/7
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
10  Thank Deborah K
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Avoid this place. Room in appalling condition. No AC, barely working ceiling fan. Non-working wifi. Stained sheets, comforter with cigarette-burns, cracked toilet tiles, broken screen doors, discolored TV screen, missing lampshades-- the impression I get is that they just don't care. Extremely dirty and dusty room -- I found an empty soda bottle that previous guests left behind on the floor, wondering what else may be left behind. Questionable neighborhood -- and you're faced by the choice to leave the bathroom window open since it's so hot and stuffy inside. The room is indeed spacious (small 1BR size), but the kitchenette that comes with it is useless because there are no dishes/cups/pots/pans provided with it. We reserved it through an online booking site, but the receptionist was clueless as to what that meant and asked us how much they quoted us. He didn't like that we were paying by credit card. Evidently he didn't enter our arrival in the system either, because the day we checked out, we got an email from the booking site saying we were going to be charged a cancellation fee for no show! If their employees don't know how to handle it, why are they even online? Appalling and unacceptable; one of my worst motel experiences.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Kalb_al_Akrab
Reviewed November 23, 2011

This place shouldn't be called hotel.
The staff is unprofessional, rude and useless.
The neighborhood isn't safe, junkies, hookers and drug addicts are actually hanging out in the hotel.
The room itself was in a small cabin. Small heater from the 70's, no air-con, extremely dirty, the floor was nasty, cigarets wholes and worse... The bed hadn't been cleaned. It was full of hair, and body fluids... We came back home full of bedbugs!!!!!!!
The bathroom was cold and dirty as the towels.

We left early morning and a car was park in front of the room full of junkies.
DO NOT STAY THERE. Better spend $10 more and have a nice stay than a sleepless night in a dirty, nasty place as this hotel.

Still waiting for my credit card receipt...

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank C D
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Extremely poor condition! Broken cabinets. No air conditioning. Unsafe environment. Dubious Owner. We booked this place through Booking.com. After we arrived, we found the so called motel had less than ten units all on ground level. The small office had a big hole in the ceiling. We paid $45 to the owner who gave us a key to a room with broken cabinets and said this was the only room available. All rooms had no air conditioning. The area was unsafe with strangers standing outside the office from time to time. We wanted to leave and cancel the deal but the owner refused to pay us back. We ended up paying another $65 to stay in the Days Inn. We would rather pay an extra $65 for a safe stay that included breakfast in the morning than to keep that $45 which would give us a sleepless night.

Room Tip: Not suitable for stay.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple