“Ultimate in airport convenience”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland Airport
Ranked #35 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Friendly, helpful staff and very clean rooms added to the convenient location for airport travel makes this "a must return to" hotel. Great value, too. The beds were also very comfortable which is a huge plus for me with a bad back.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland Airport

Reviewed May 7, 2010

We stayed at La Quinta for one night. The hotel staff was super nice. The place was clean and we had everything we needed. The hotel isn't fancy but we weren't expecting that either. I'd describe it as warm and comfortable. They serve continental breakfast.

I recommend this hotel for travelers who want a quiet place to rest, or spend the night.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2010

Travelling through Portland on my way to Texas stayed at this lovely LaQuinta near the Portland Airport. I chose this hotel because I stay frequently at LaQuintas. I was not disappointed. The friendly smiles, great service from the staff and clean rooms and hotel are what always bring me back. The full hot breakfast was very yummy, and the free shuttle to the airport was super convenient. Did not use the pool or spa, but wished I had my suit along seeing the families having fun in the pool. Nearby Cascade Shopping Mall (and the shuttle drops you and picks you up), was a bonus. Got some last minute shopping done too. Highly recommend this clean and friendly hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 24, 2009

Stayed at La Quinta Portland Airport for 7 days while visiting Portland for a conference.

Location: Very convenient. Close to the airport and Cascades MAX (train/LRT) station. There is a shuttle (available 24 hours) to the airport and Cascades MAX station. From the airport or Cascades MAX station, it is an easy 20 -- 25 minute train ride downtown. When returning from downtown, take the train to the airport and then use the free hotel phones at the airport to call for a shuttle. The shuttle will take about 5 -- 10 minutes to arrive at the airport.

WiFi: Excellent and free.

Staff: Very helpful. However, don't rely on them for morning calls. They failed to give me a morning call, though luckily I have also set the alarm on my mobile phone.

Breakfast: Filling. Love the eggs, meat and sausages with the various sauces. Not the best coffee. Good selection of bread.

Room: Generally OK. Comfortable size (ie: not a crammed box). The carpet seem to be a bit old and possibly to be dirty (dark carpet, difficult to tell) -- this is the reason for my "could be better" assessment.

Laundry: No dry cleaning or laundry service. There is a coin-operated washing machine and dryer.

I chose the hotel to balance convenience, price, quality, and I found it "not bad, could be better".

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank Kenneth T
Reviewed October 21, 2009

I didn't really like this hotel. The hallways and rooms are in need of any update. Also, the pillows are far too soft. It was ridiculous - unless you like super soft, non-supportive pillows. Also, the parking lot was tiny, and I had to park on the street.

On the positive side, the hotel was very clean and very convenient to the Portland airport. The lobby and eating area was pretty modern and attractive. Also the front desk staff was great, and the room rate was outstanding.

While this was not my favorite hotel experience, it was far from horrible. If LaQuinta improved the bedding at this property, I might be more inclined to try it again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My wife and I stayed here overnight before our flight left from PDX. The room was small, but adequate. There was a problem with the alarm clock and we had trouble figuring out the coffee pot, but the staff responded almost immediately to our request for assistance. They were also nice enough to bring some take out menus to our room for us, which was much appreciated as we were traveling with a 4 month old. The hotel also had a Pack N Play set up in the room upon our arrival. We paid just under $90 after taxes, and we felt this hotel was an excellent bargain for the money. The shuttle service was also a big selling point for us and were very prompt and professional. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2009

We stayed here at the beginning and the end of our road trip through Oregon. When we arrived at PDX, we took the courtesy shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Very convenient! We arrived at 11:00am, but check-in was not supposed to be until 3:00pm; however, they checked us in early which was a great help. The front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was very clean and comfortable. Great price too. The breakfast in the morning was good and started early (4:30am). Overall, we had a great stay and would stay here again. Since it is near the airport, you do hear some airplane noise, but nothing too bad.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family