“Portland Stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland Airport
Ranked #29 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We had a very nice stay at this LaQuinta, staff is very friendly and helpful. I was a bit concerned that the airport noise might have been too loud being so close but it was fine. And we used Budget rental for the car and thier location was within walking distance so that was wonderful too!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Just so you know, I don't think I have ever written a review for Trip Advisor, although I read them and have relied on them for my travel plans for many years. I am now compelled to let you all know my bad experience with this hotel. To make a long story (and many phone calls) short, I made a reservation on the reservation line which said my MC would not go through, so I used a VISA debit card on an account that money is transferred for planned expenses to "hold" the room. I was told that there would be no charges on the debit card until I checked into the room. The next day I called the MC company and there had been no attempt by LQ to charge that and the CC was totally usable. I checked my bank balance and LQ had charged my card and it was now overdrawn for the planned dits and credits that I use the account for. I called the LQ PDX and they then charged the MC and said that the debit card would be immediately credited and that they had pre-charged the card as the hotel was full and they wanted to guaranteed ever guest's room.4 days later, the money had not been credited into my checking account. Upon arrival at the hotel, I told the front desk clerk the story and after a few minutes a young woman desk clerk arrived at the front desk and proceeded to shove a sign with information about debit card use at me. I got angry and told her that I made the reservation over the phone, NOT in front of some sign at the front desk, and also, that she did not hear the whole story, so she should not get involved. She was snotty, condescending and smirked the rest of my dealings with the man clerk who tried to apologize. The telephone was ripped from the wall, apparently the housekeeping didn't notice???,the sink trim was peeling off all over, the noise from next room's bath/shower was like a plane taking off in my room. I have stayed at LQ's all over the west and even have accumulated some free nights. I have had only 1 really crappy room stay (in Southern Phoenix) other than this experience. I urge you to stay elsewhere while in Portland.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank monicaw156
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Lovely staff, great breakfast choices, and just perfect for your first or last night in Portland.
$30 cab ride into downtown area.
Bed was comfy with nice furnishings. As always La Quinta is pet friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
lq0265gm, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2014

Thank you for you review about our wonderful staff! They are amazing and strive for excellence with all our guests. With our recent updates, it has added alot of personality to our room and glad you enjoyed all our updates. There is more to come! Thank you for staying with La QUinta for your lodging needs. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Hope to see you again soon!

A La Quinta traveler
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed May 29, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This is the best accommodation and staff you ever want to experience. Pick up from airport have a courtesy bus to take you to transport and they pick you up anytime with one call . Accommodation just the best beds so comfortable lovely room. Breakfast every morning very good selection catering for all diets. Would recommend La Quinta Portland Oregon to everyone

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 20, 2014

This hotel has all services but is very average. The room we occupied was generously sized and pretended to be a suite but lacked a useable stove, dishes, cutlery etc. The elevator service was extremely slow. The hot breakfast was quite good and had a lot of choices. The WiFi worked perfectly and was reliable. The hotel is close to shopping and a lot of restaurants. There were a lot of free parking spaces. The place needs a freshening up before I would return.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Very convenient to the airport, clean especially enjoyed the young lady that picked us up in the shuttle van. It was late at night our east coast time and it was a miserable plane experience with crying babies but this young lady brought our sinking spirits back to vacation mode.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple