“Very Good Experience”

Ranked #29 of 139 Hotels in Portland
Jacksonville, Oregon
“Very Good Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

The hotel is very good at accommodating people traveling with pets. The staff was very pleasant, our room was clean, and overall it was a great experience. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. I will definitely stay there again. The only downside was the breakfast. The bacon was the consistency of leather. :/ Stick to the other offerings and you'll be fine!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
lq0265gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you very much for you wonderful comments! We love to see all the animal that come through our hotel with there owners! I am glad to hear we were able to accommodating to you and your pet! I have also talk to our breakfast staff about the bacon you had! We hope to see you on your next travel through Portland!

Thanks

Allison Woll

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Green Bay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Nice clean, fairly well maintained hotel. Pleasant staff. Nice breakfast (they have a waffle maker!). Very convenient access to airport and easy access to I-205. Strong, reliable (and free) WiFi.

Very good value.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! Glad you enjoyed the waffles. Hope to see you again on your next trip through Portland.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We always book at La Quinta when we stay near Portland airport, and this stay was an exceptional one. As always, the staff were very pleasant and helpful. We were collected from the airport and the next morning were driven to our rental car site by the friendly shuttle driver after enjoying our lovely, free breakfast. I would particularly like to extend my appreciation to Brenda, a young girl who was working at the Reception desk on the morning after our stay. Brenda went above and beyond to help me with tending to my laundry needs that morning. I was so thrilled to see a lovely, polite, young girl with such integrity. She made our stay even better than ever. Thank you Brenda, you are a champion! Thank you La Quinta, it is always a pleasure to stay with you.

Room Tip: Our room was facing west and we had a lovely quiet night's sleep.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
lq0265gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you so much for mentioning how great of a job Brenda did. It is so great to hear that she went out of her way for a LQ guest. It is so nice to hear your positive comments, it really means alot to me knowing how great my staff is doing! I have shared with Brenda your lovely comments and it brought a huge smile to her face today! Hope to see you on your next trip through Portland.

Merida, Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I used to stay at this property every time I flew into PDX. It used to be nice and comfortable. In the last two months I've stayed there three nights, all single nights. In April I was told my reward number was no good, I had gold status which means little to noting really. I think you can send free fax's (who can't do that via wifi these days?" and a few free room up grades. They may have suites but I've never been offered one. I did get a free upgrade from a queen to king one night. But the rooms are pretty much all the same I think so room up grades in a chain where almost all the rooms are the same is just silly. There was a line forming behind me and I was beat. There was one man working at the desk. Another man kept coming out of the office and giving updates regarding an NBA playoff game. I told him "fine don't use my number just PLEASE check me in I've been in the air for nearly 12 hours and I just want to my room and collapse." I checked the next morning and signed up for a new rewards number. After I did it I got an e-mail for the password for my old number. Turns out, after looking at the check in form I signed the night before the man misspelled my name, Should have one "L" and he typed in "LL" I'm keeping the new number as I entered it into my phone and having status with this chain is basically all but worthless. BTW- of the three recent nights I've stayed here I've been awarded on night. I got emails asking for input on my stays but no points for two of the three nights.

Another thing that this hotel needs to do is some manit. Many rooms have carpet that's coming up, cracks on counter tops and phones that don't work. I had a 0520 flight out of PDX on my last night there and called for a 0300 wake up- the phone never rang. I missed the shuttle and had to fork out for a cab, 20 bucks. Had I not been in 1st class I might have been stuck in the check-in line so long I could have missed my international flight. I asked why there was no wake up call and was informed "yeah, I couldn't hear it ringing on my end either." "So going and knocking on my door didn't make sense?" "Oh, yeah, never thought of that." Wow, just wow!

One last point- I find it a little rude to stand in line while you're suppose to have "priority check-in." You stand and listen as staff offer walk ups the same room you booked on-line with their supposed "preferred customer" rates only hear walk ups are getting the same rooms for $25-30 less. Again the point of being a "La Quinta awards" member is what?

Really need to find another "go to" property near PDX.

Sad, I used to really like this company but their PDX location has just left bad taste in my mouth one too many times lately.

Room Tip: Don't let them put you in a queen room. They're all right next to the elevator and all nigh...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate all your honest feedback as this helps me improve on areas in hotel as well as with front desk staff. I am so sorry in the delay in getting you checked in, it was obviously busy and we work hard to check in guest as soon as we can. I understand you were tired from your very long flight. Concerning your points for your stay, in reviewing your stay history it apperars several of your stays were booked by third party. Unforunately points are not awarded for these type of bookings, in future book direct or on LQ.COM, rates will be same as third party and ensures you will get the points that you are eligible for as a LQ Returns memeber. As a LQ return member your satisfaction is very important to us! I do sincerely hope you give our property another try in the future.

Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. They have a free shuttle that took us to and picked us up from the MAX station. We were also given great directions to the Saturday Market downtown. The breakfast in the morning is excellent! There were so many options and they had flavored creamers for the coffee. The room was very clean and the bed were comfortable. I would definitely stay at this property again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MeganG2166
I really appreciate all your wonderful comments about our staff & property. Great that we could kick start your day off right with a wonderful breakfast before you headed to Saturday market, its a wonderful attraction in the Portland area and one of my all time favorite places to go on weekends. Next time your in the area we could reccommend area attractions for your famlies enjoyment. Lots of wonderful places to visit in Portland, hope to see you on your next trip through.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We were booked in for a 3 day 3 night stay. Conveint for our purpose of visiting in Portland.
Beds were very comfortable, room was very clean. The morning breakfast choices in the dining room were great. I would return to this hotel in a heart beat when back in Portland.
Great staff and service above reproach. Thanks

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for taking the time out to write this review. I really appreciate the postitive feedback regarding your stay with us. I am glad you found our pillowtop beds were comfortable and the breakfast was great. Glad to hear you will be returning to our property! See you soon!

Enterprise
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We arrived late at night. I called ahead to let them know we would be a late check in and the front desk guy was super nice and said just to take our time and drive safe. Upon arrival he asked how many children I had with me and when I told him 3 he upgraded me to a suite at no additional charge so we had more room. The free breakfast was delicious and every time we saw a staff member they smiled and asked if there was anything we needed. Good staff makes all the difference in this industry!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind & encouraging comments regarding the front desk staff and our hotel. We work hard to ensure 100% guest satisfaction, I am so happy you felt that our staff went out of their way for you! We hope to see you again in the near future.