Bridgeway Inn & Suites Portland Airport
$219
$201
EmbassySuites.com
  • Pool
Best Western Inn At The Meadows(Portland)(Great Value!)
$94
$171
Dossier(Portland)
$200
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 20, 2007

I wish I'd read the reviews herein before we booked this stay. We're here in the middle of a multiple day stay, and I know we could have done much better for the price.

Everything stated before in the negative comments here still applies, as well as the addition of the pool and spa being out of order.

The owner (or a worker) has consistently taken up the parking space out front so that people will likely have to unpack in the rain.

Breakfast is much less than wonderful: the milk was sour; the toaster only does one side of the bread; the jelly provided is completely solidified; potatoes undercooked and no sausage since the first day.

The housekeeping has been deplorable, and it does get tedious to have to repeatedly ask for things that should be there or done in the first place, such as a wiped-down tub and sink, towels, light bulbs, etc.

We would never stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2007
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Roshini P, Webmaster at Bridgeway Inn & Suites Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Rode way Inn for your recent stay in our area.

We also thank you for giving us a review and it is very much appreciated. This will contribute a long way to ensure that your experience however is never repeated.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

The hotel staff has received additional training in making effective communication with our guests and to ensure that they feel welcome and wanted.

Housekeeping received additional training in properly check and confirm the cleanliness of the rooms before having it released for new occupants.

The catering staffs have been instructed to confirm the quality and quantity of the stuff and the breakfast has been improved.

Based on our efforts I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at our hotel and experience a new hospitality. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed September 9, 2007

The clean lobby is NOT what you receive when you get to your room. From the hole in the comfotter to the toilet seat that had been repainted a different color and had so many wear spots that any one could tell and no bumpers on the underside. The lack of noise and the pool were the only upsides to this worn out need of repair motel. The breakfast of cold eggs, tater tots, a few small danishes and cold ceral was poor at best even to my 5 year old. Gresham has many more places to stay, try somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Rode way Inn for your recent stay in our area.

We appreciate and thank you for your review, which we take seriously towards further improvement.

Please note that based on your review we have taken the following steps.

Housekeeping staff received extra training to ensure the highest degree of cleanliness.

We also have improved the property and the amenities.

Management have received extra training as to their responsibility to ensure that all guest requests are handled in the best possible manner and also to maintain an enduring hospitality

Please reconsider and stay with us.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed July 30, 2007

I would never stay here again. When we first arrived, we were told to bring our dog in through a side door that our room key would open. Turns out a room key wasn't neccessary--the door didn't lock. We arrived in the room to find a sticky bathroom floor, dirty walls and lampshade (was it soda? blood?). We noticed the dirty lampshade because the light didn't work--it didn't have a lightbulb in it. After another lightbulb burned out, we called the front desk who asked if they could call us back in 5 minutes after she figured out how to deal with the situation. 15 minutes later, when I called again, she claimed she forgot. She also told me she couldn't do anything about our non-functioning refrigerator.
The carpet was also filthy; a gross sticky spot right next to my side of the bed. To top it off, the breakfast was inedible as well; why would anyone eat nearly raw tater tots? Apparently not very many people would, as the garbage cans were overflowing in the breakfast area.
Overall I felt unsafe personally and for my vehicle.
I would never stay here again and would strongly advise others to find other accomodations.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank roadtripper8
Reviewed June 21, 2007

The facility is nice (and I am not one to complain-) HOWEVER, after several annoying things, I would like to tell other people about it. 1. We were told that they may not have the advertised hot breakfast on the weekend. They said they were not sure if someone would be able to be there to make it.

2. A worker came into the breakfast room while we were eating to change the garbage bag and SMELLED the ENTIRE room up INSTANTLY w/ body odor and it was enough to about turn my stomach!!

3.Our room had 2 double beds, so it was obviously a room for two or more people, BUT there was only 1 washcloth. Also, I had to ask for a do not disturb sign because our room was minus one. I was sick of having to ask for everything that should have been there.

4. The guest computer printer was running on hardly any ink, so that it would only print every other line, which was super annoying. Also, the workers at the front desk kept jabbering so that I had a hard time keeping my mind on what I was trying to get done.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Luv2Travel3207
Reviewed March 21, 2007

This was a nicer place than I had expected for the great rate we got ($64). The room was very clean, had a large vanity area, very helpful front desk people, and my husband and daughter LOVED the swimming pool (24 hr pool!). It's a small hotel (only 3 stories) and about 20 minutes away from downtown Portland. Close to a grocery store (had a mini fridge in the room) and across the street from a convienence store & gas station. I would stay here again :-)

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business