“Delicious food and a huge selection of dishes” 5 of 5 bubbles

Nicholas Restaurant - NE Broadway
Ranked #322 of 4,238 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Hawaii
“Delicious food and a huge selection of dishes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

It took a good while for each of the three in our party to decide what to get. The menu is huge and there are many dishes that one does not usually find in Greek or Middle East restaurants. As a vegan, I was particularly happy with the number of choices. Each of us ordered different dishes and we all enjoyed them. Two of us had mezzas--one vegetarian, one Arabian vegan--and we could not come close to finishing them. There was a lot of food! The atmosphere is friendly and the service was excellent. I would not go here for a romantic evening -- quiet is not the theme. But for friendly staff, well presented delicious food, I highly recommend Nicholas Broadway.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Portland, Oregon
“The food is an experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

The chef & culinary team know how to create a multiple noted masterpiece! The food actually sang in my mouth! The atmosphere is romantic, sultry, rich and inviting; The staff is fun and great at what they do! They know how to make someone feel special & well taken care of!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank michael m
Eugene, Oregon
“Never fails you”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

This is the best middle eastern food you can get. I have been their dozens of times, always good food. Reminds me of my hometown Damascus, Syria. Don't order the tzatiki...that is not middle eastern. Large portions inexpensive. Love that place. The meat mezza is great. I always go there when I'm in Portland.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Delicious and priced reasonably.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We tried a sampler platter and really enjoyed it. Service was fast and attentive. We had much to bring home including freshly made pita bread and dipping sauce.

• Visited July 2013
Lewiston, Idaho
“GREAT FOOD and SERVICE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is the second time we have eaten at the Nicholas Restaurant and remember the food the first time was good but this time I had a chicken Kabob salad and was blown away at how good it was. The rest of the family commented the same with their meals but my son's dish was huge and good. Everyone else took a portion of their dinner home but my dinner was so good I had to eat it all. I highly recommend it.

Visited July 2013