“You will not be disappointed.”
Review of Float On

Float On
Ranked #65 of 464 things to do in Portland
Type: Other
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My son who attends PSU regularly goes to relax. He had our family try it. The experience is worth it. Talk to the staff. They are characters.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"release"
"teas"

Reviewed September 9, 2012

This was as great as the reviews I've read. I had never heard of floating before and when I came across it in the Things To Do in Portland section, it sounded worth a try. It was! While it did take some getting used to, I got the hang of it and was about as relaxed as I am after a massage. (I got the hang of it = it isn't a pool where I had to fuss about to try to keep from downing.)

Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

We thought this sounded really interesting so we gave it a try. It was very relaxing and the staff very helpful. I wish we had a place like this closer to home!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Okay, so it's kind of nothing like being in the ocean but my experience at Float On was just as relaxing and without the sunburn. There are four total tanks with two different sizes. One is short and wide and the other is tall and a bit narrower. I chose the tall tank for claustrophobic reasons and never felt too confined. My partner had the shorter tank and liked the experience but had a harder time getting out of it at the end. Use the bathroom before you head into your room then shower up and prepare to relax. While I didn't have any visions, I did spend a good amount of time meditating and felt very much like I do after an acupuncture session. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to enhance their personal meditation or for some relaxation.

Only problem is they don't have enough tanks so often you have to book your time weeks in advance when it might be better to be able to drop-in for "emergency" relaxation as needed.

3  Thank CharityK13