“Finally I Can Relax”

Float On
Ranked #75 of 452 things to do in Portland
Type: Other
Reviewed May 11, 2012

It's hard to find time in my day to relax. I'm constantly running around for work and family. I make it a point to take 90 minutes a week out for myself to go and float. The benefits stay with me for days. I've started calling floating my mental recharge. It's definitely worth a try. I'd suggest doing it more than once. The first time in, is such a new experience that I didn't truly relax. After overcoming the fear of drowning (it's impossible to drown), I truly when into a state of total relaxation1

1  Thank Derek W

Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

I'll definitely be back! Great customer service. Unique and clean facility.

2  Thank Danahighfill
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I went floating for the first time last July. I am a stay-at-home mom and was in desperate need of silence. I had read on their website that they were doing a project with local artists. I was worried that it would be "record store pretentious". I was pleasantly surprised to find the employees to be knowledgeable and welcoming.
I now float about once a month to re-center and give my brain a much needed sensory break. I find it more relaxing than a massage, because the only energy in that tank is your own.
I firmly believe everyone should try this at least once.

6  Thank Annie P
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I ended up here thanks to an old groupon and a love of the Simpsons episode where Homer and Lisa go. It's great that they have multiple options for soaking tubs and one has a high ceiling for people who are worried about claustrophobia.

I won't comment much on the experience of being in the chamber because I think that's something that everyone needs to experience on their own before they can judge. I will say that the facilities were very clean and the proprietor was very professional and they provided all of the needed equipment (towels, earplugs, bodywash) to augment the experience. I have and will continue to recommend trying this experience to everyone interested

2  Thank SteveTheDog
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I really enjoyed my first float! I want to get a gift certificate for everyone I know. I thought the people were friendly, rooms/showers were clean..It was on par with a massage. But less money! Although I'm tempted to double the time next visit.