“A wonderful place to be”

Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport
Ranked #47 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed September 1, 2014

I was schedule for another night in a Rodeway Inn at the Portland airport. The Hilton Garden Inn saved us. The customer service was 5 star. The facilities were nice and clean. In fact, the place was spotless. Our breakfast we ordered was delicious. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. Don't waste money on one of these 2 stars: there is areason why they are rated that way. Get a 5 star for a 3 star price! :-)))))). Happy traveler!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2014

Yay! Thank you so much for the awesome review! See you next time that you visit Portland!

Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

Front desk not there most of the time and when there are not greetings guest. Lack of towels need more motivated people to work at this hotel. Awful windows views not courtesy breakfast either. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY I HAVE TO LIMIT THE WORDS OF MY COMMENTS ON TRIPADVISOR

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

I sincerely apologize for the negative experience that you had at our hotel. I will make sure I take these comments back to our managers and staff so that we can rectify these situations. Thank you for your input!

Reviewed August 31, 2014

I've stayed in Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport on a Friday night in mid August because of a visit to my friends in Portland.

The hotel is close to the Airport, though it is not that close when compared with two other Hilton properties, namely Embassy Suites and Hampton Inn. Nevertheless, there is a on-demand shuttle that you can use and the service is good.

During check-in, it seems that the Staff was too busy and he did not recognize my Diamond membership and so did not give me a breakfast coupon. I did ask in the next morning and get one. The call-to-order breakfast is nice with good choices. The waitress is attentive too.

There is one exercise room with about 3 caloric equipments and a few weights, and a swimming pool. Both open from 6am to 10am. I suspect they do not open 24/7 because there are rooms next to these two facilities but I really do hope the fitness room can open 24/7 to accommodate travelers.

The room is ok and there is no complaint at all. The Wi-Fi connectivity is also good.

Outside of the hotel, there are a few restaurants including McDonald.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Thanks for the nice review. I am glad that we could accommodate your needs. Hope to see you next time that you are nin Portland!

Reviewed August 31, 2014

You have probably seen the positive write up from a year or so again. This experience was not so good-- not even close.

First- beware. You can book the room from the Hilton web site but if you choose to pay in advance for a discount room, you will actually be booking through Expedia. That means your points won't count to Hilton Points program and you will not be able to partake of the "free breakfast".

Now to the room. When we arrived, our room was cold, really cold. I like it cold. That was OK although we did turn off the cooler. The first thing I did in the room was sit on the bed and "CLUNK" the headboard banged against the wall. If you moved at all, clunk it went. I figured the people in the next room would have all kinds of thoughts about that one.

As we got ready for bed, I turned the cooler back on using the low fan. I think that the fan in this cooler was out of balance as it rattled the entire time it ran. It rattled loud! Great! Now we have to listen to that all night.

The beds are adjustable kind of like a sleep comfort but not quite. Mine was fine at the lowest settings but my wife could not get hers comfortable. At any rate we got to sleep. I turn over about 2 am and bang- the headboard hit the wall followed by a series of bangs and the sound of falling parts. You got it. The headboard began falling apart. The next morning I looked behind the headboard and one of the supports had fallen of and was laying on the floor.

We weathered all the noise from the fan and the bed problems only to find out the next morning that we would have to pay for the breakfast because we booked through Expedia. We didn't. Instead we opted to go to the nearby Elmer's (Review to follow).There are many places to stay around the airport and most have complimentary breakfast. We will opt for elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: If you stay here, check out your room and if anything is wrong, go down to the desk and ask for a ne...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

I am so sorry that your stay was not up to the Hilton standards that you should have expected. Unforutnately, we do not have control over the policies with the 3rd party bookings and you cannot receive Hilton points for your stay. I hope that you let our front desk know about the A/C so that we could make sure that we got maintenance to fix it. If you have the time to contact our Front Office manager, Dianne, I am sure that she can help make this situation right.
Please know that we want our guests to be 100% satisifed!

Reviewed August 30, 2014

I have stayed at several HGI properties. The service at this location was good, not great, compared to other HGI locations, and not as good as the nearby (pricier) Hampton Inn. This location is a bit farther from the airport, although still close by for a quick complimentary van ride to the airport. It is adjacent to a Mickie D's. The breakfast is an extra cost item, which I did not purchase. The room seemed a bit older, but clean. The location is quieter than the nearby Hampton, since it is not next to an active runway.

I watched the average service in action, as another guest tried to pick up a packages at the Fremont desk. It took over 5 minutes to locate the package, as it seemed a bit disorganized. The guest had to describe it several times, and finally the front desk agent found it. Don't get me wrong, the service was good enough, just pretty casual.

I would return, as it was cheaper than many other options nearby, while still earning the Hilton points.

Room Tip: If a hilton honors member, you are supposed to get two free bottles of water. You may want to pick t...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We want our guests to leave with nothing but positive things to say about their stay so, I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to give you the excellent guest sevice and stay that you deserve! Next time we hope that we can "wow" you!

Reviewed August 29, 2014

This hotel is NOT convenient. My wife and I called for a shuttle after we had retrieved our luggage, and were told the shuttle was "on its way." 20 minutes and another call later we were told the same thing. 35 minutes and another call later we got the same message. We ended up arriving at the hotel almost one hour after our first call. All other hotel shuttles had passed 2 to 3 times in that span of time. Most irritating, we saw another shuttle serving the hotel parked in a lot not being used. After complaining to staff, we were told it was a management decision to cut back on the shuttles. No apologies were given.

Adding "insult to injury" when I asked if they could provide a complimentary toothbrush to use in place of the one I forgot (as I thougth was Hilton policy), I was directed to the pantry store behind the front desk. Seems like management is promoting small profits over guest convenience.

There are many other hotels near the airport that are far more convenient and have equally nice rooms and amenities.

Room Tip: Try to get the top floor and a room at the end of the hall as the walls and ceilings are "paper...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2014

Again, please accept our apologies for your wait to catch our complimentary shuttle. We do run our shuttle for our three hotels that are within three blocks of each other and this was a business decision made by our Corporate office. The wait for our shuttle has added on a few minutes on both ends but never should you have had to wait that amount of time. That is unusual and I apologize that we dropped the ball.
As far as the toothbrush, all Hilton Garden Inn's have a Pavilion Pantry where these items are purchased and this is per Hilton brand and not unique to us.
Again, we apologize for the long wait and hope that you will continue to stay with Hilton hotels.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We chose this hotel because the price was attractive, and it was close to PDX. The place met our expectations and needs for a one night stay. Responsive staff, shuttle was effecient, the only downside was breakfast was not included in our stay. There was a McDonald's next door so needs were easily met. Interestingly, the mattress was in need of replacing, it sagged on one side. Overall, if the price was competitive, this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to send in your review. We appreciate your good comments about your stay with our hotel. I do apologize about the bed. We are in the process of replacing some of the beds that have been failing, so hopefully this will not be an issue anymore.
I hope you will choose our hotel next time you visit Portland.