“Excellent value, great breakfast, convenient location”

Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport
Ranked #48 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed Presidents Day weekend 2014, checking in Friday 2/14, out Monday 2/17. The PDX airport area where this hotel resides is great -- you can easily catch the Met, which will take you to various places of interest in the valley. Costco's just around the corner, Cascade Station is a short drive away.

The full-featured hot breakfast, including made to order omelettes, was delicious. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. The in-room Keurig -- nice touch!

All of the staff was good, but there were three that were exceptional. The housekeeper on the 3rd floor was excellent -- we made special requests via notes, and she fulfilled every one of them perfectly. Paris, the front desk manager, made us feel very welcome, and was a huge help to us. The lady who served us breakfast on Monday morning was excellent, catering to our every need even though she was very busy.

All in all, a great stay. We will be return visitors, for sure.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Fooj888
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Thank you so much for the great reveiw! I am so gald that our location worked well for you and that your hotel stay was clean and comfortable. We do have a great staff here and I will make sure that I pass your comments on to them. I am sure that it will make their day!
See you next time!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Hotel staff is less than helpful and ready to charge you for anything including an early check in to a dirty room with no heat. The one good thing that I will say about this hotel is that the housekeeping staff is very friendly and does their job well, in addition to making my bed, they also spread out the blanket I had brought from home on top. It was very thoughtful and made me feel at home.

1  Thank Nina W
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

I want to again apologize for this situation. I know that our Front Office Mansger has already been in contact with you and hopefully resolved this to your satisfaction. This is not the guest service to which we strive for!
I appreciate your kind words about our housekeeping staff and hope that you will continue to frequent Hilton hotels!

Regards,

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Located close to the airport, in a business area so not too much noise after dark. Close to many restraunts. Hotel was clean with a nice pool and work outroom. He bed was super comfortable with an adjustable firmness dial. Best nights sleep I have had in ages.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa D
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Thank you for the great review! I am happy that our hotel suits your needs and that you got a good nights sleep!
See you next time.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I was surprise to see the pool was not heated. But the hot tub was great. I find the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I wish they change their menu occasionally I go to this hotel often and it is always the same choices. Breakfast it would be nice to have Ham sometimes instead of just overcooked bacon. But they have a nice variety of pastry and juices and fruit.

1  Thank Reina T
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to reveiw your stay with our hotel. I really appreciate your suggestions in regards to our breakfast choices. I will forward your comments to our Food and Beverage Manager. I agree that it is nice for our return guests to have some variety. We are going to be changing our dinner menu within the next few months; adding some new items, removing some existing.
Our swimming pool is heated to 86 degrees. In comparison to the hot tub it does feel a bit chilly, but this is the standard to which we are required to keep the temperature.
I am glad that you are happy with our hotel overall and look forward to your return. Again, thank you for your suggestions, it is always nice to hear from our guests!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Overall solid location with close proximity to airport and meeting locations in Portland, OR area. Easy access on and off I-205 with two minute drive to airport for return and flight the next morning.

1  Thank John I
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Thank you for the reveiw and I am glad that you find our hotel convenient for your travels.
See you next time!

Regards,

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I stayed for one night on a quick trip to Portland. It's pretty much your typical airport, no-frills hotel and is pretty on par with other Hilton Garden Inns. The rooms were clean and comfortable and it was pretty quiet. I really liked having the Keurig in the room for coffee in the morning and, although I didn't make use of them, the mini-fridge and microwave are a nice addition in this type of hotel. I didn't check out the breakfast, but it looked like a decent spread. The staff members were nice enough and pretty accommodating. I requested a high floor and they had a room reserved for me on the top floor, even with a late arrival. The location is great. I had no trouble finding the hotel after my late flight in and it was quick drive into the city the next morning.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I needed a convenient PDX hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I am glad that our hotel suited your needs and you found that it lives up to what you would expect for a Hilton Garden Inn.
Thank you for your business and we hope that you will return next time that you are in the area.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Front desk personnel were neutral, not warm, friendly.
My room smelled of mildew. I thought with climate control that perhaps overnight it would be better. In the morning it was better but the smell returned for the second night.
The Keurig coffee maker had grinds for some reason (?) in the water reservoir!! I tried cleaning it but upon using it the next day, the grinds that remained apparently blocked the water and a full cup of coffee could not be had.
The amazing thing about my stay was the carpet: I truly have not seen such worn, old carpet since 1988 in an old Days Inn in Cleveland, OH. Now that is saying something...truly amazing.
There was no cooked to order breakfast option, only prepared buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

I sincerely apologize that your stay with our hotel was not up to the Hilton standards that you have come to expect from the brand. It is definitely not the impression that we want a guest to leave with. I will make sure that your comments are directed to the appropriate departments so that we can look into these issues.
Our carpet here in the lobby is not even a year old yet and the rooms and hallways are five years old. We have them cleaned every Friday on a rotating basis. I am sorry that your impression of them was so poor. We try our hardest to keep our hotel clean and up to date.
As far as breakfsat we do offer a buffet breakfast but many items are also cook to order; eggs any way you like, pancakes, french toast, omlettes, etc. Out signage throughout the restaurant states this. The server should have also informed you of this option and I am sorry if they did not. It is suppose to be part of their daily routine.
We thank you for being a loyal Hilton guest and hope that your experience with our hotel will not change this.
Thank you for your comments so that we can look into the issues.