“Family Reunion”

Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport
Ranked #48 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This was a wonderful experience with Hilton Garden Inn Portland, OR. Their new renovation is pleasing and rooms very comfortable. It was nice to be given 2 complimentary breakfasts for my Gold Status in Hilton Honors. I try to utilize my points whenever I can, especially traveling with family. Thank you.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Thank you for the nice review of our hotel!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed on a Sunday, left Monday. I needed a hotel very close to PDX, with a shuttle, and this was just fine. I was HHonors Diamond, so I also got the breakfast free.

It's a rather dated property, but it's plenty comfortable. Service was fine, nothing special. I'd stay again for the right price it's nothing to avoid, but nothing to go out of your way for either.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Portland. I am glad that you found our hotel convenient. Thank you for your business!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We recently stopped at HGI Portland Airport after a long busy but good week in Oregon. The staff was welcoming, the room was (as usual) great, and the food was tasty. While there are always areas for improvement, this hotel was "well above the bar" of what is acceptable. I would suggest that Hilton's IT department learn how to get their internet connections to "play" better with iOS devices. Having to constantly reauthenticate wifi can be a nag.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks so much for the nice review! I appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope that you will return to stay with us next time that you are in the Portland area!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

My son and I stayed here while he visited the area and Reed and Lewis & Clark colleges. It was the perfect price, and nicely located near the airport and downtown. I'd read some reviews about how terrific the staff was, and they're all true. They were incredibly friendly, helpful and responsive. I highly recommend this as a low cost, high value base for visiting the Portland area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in Portland and hope that you will choose to stay with us next time you visit Portland!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I've been staying at this property off-and-on for 15 years, and am always very impressed. Very clean, quite, and comfortable. The mattresses are incredible, and I love the hot chocolate in the lobby!
The lobby is spacious and comfortable. A great place to relax in front of the fireplace in the evening, and get a little work done!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the great review! I am glad that you enjoy our hotel and we appreciate your business!
Thank you for being a loyal HIlton guest and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Well run and efficient checking-in. The mattress system was very uncomfortable. Wifi was solid. The shuttle bus driver was polite and didn't waste anytime getting back to the hotel. Stay on backside of the hotel and away from the road noise.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thanks for the nice reveiw and for taking the time to submit your comments.
We appreciate your business and look forward to your return stay!!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

From the minute I was picked up at the airport I knew this was going to be a different hotel stay. All the drivers were polite and knowledgeable. They took me to Starbucks, took me to and from the airport. Customer service is number one with the staff. The front desk was quick, efficient and polite. The server in the dining room was FIERCE!! She ran that place like it was no big deal. She worked the place ALONE and there were probably 25 people in there eating, drinking etc. She knew people by name, by order of food or by drink order. She is beyond amazing. I know all those business travelers were there because of her! Honestly I don't know how that lady has been missed by Hilton Corporate. She truly is something special and to watch her work the dining room/bar (all the while she is pregnant!) Great place. Clean room and I would stay there again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: I had a room right the by the elevator and you would never know it. This place is very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

I LOVE this reveiw!! (of course). Thank you so much for the great comments on our hotel and especially our staff. We really do try and make customer service our #1 priority and it is always wonderful when it does make a difference with our guests! Christine is incredible and I will make sure that I give her Cudos!
I am glad that you want to return and we hope to see you back in Portland again!