“A Very Good Hilton Garden Inn”

Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport
Ranked #48 of 146 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed here overnight before leaving Portland. The hotel and room were everything you expect from Hilton. The staff were friendly and helpful. We dropped our bags off and then returned our rental car, using the hotel's shuttle service to return to the hotel. They were right there at the airport and got us back to the hotel, fast! The next morning at breakfast we were served by the nicest young man! He was great and a pleasant surprise!

The only thing we found to be a disappointment was they do not serve dinner or drinks on weekend nights. We were tired and didn't want to go out but we got pizza delivery and it was a delicious, thanks to the front desk recommendation!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to reveiw our hotel and for your kind comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to Portland!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great service and very nice conventient hotel. The service in the restaurant is excellent both morning and evening... Great Hotel for business and very close to the airport. I appreciate the good service.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thanks for the GREAT review! Come back and visit us soon..

Reviewed July 8, 2013

It is near the airport but not too close. It has great room and an excellent breakfast. Also a pleasant staff and a shuttle to airport is available.It is easy to get downtown. Usually in this type of places the staff are grumpy and surly but not here. They have everything you might expect at hotels of this medium quality.

Room Tip: no comparison useful
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thanks for the great review! See you next time that you are in Portland!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The hotel and lobby were pretty nice, high average, nothing posh, unique or amazing. Fairly utilitarian. The room was sufficient but small. The mattress was AWESOME! I had never slept at a Hilton before or on an adjustable air mattress. Will consider one next time we are due to buy a new mattress.

A few notes on service. I stayed here for 2 nights out of 3 day conference. I wish I could have stayed the third night but they were booked and had to stay at a different hotel down the street. This was a difficult adjustment for my 6 month old baby to make. Upon checking in we had asked to be put on a waiting list for an available room but did not get notification we could stay the third night until it was too late to cancel our room at the other hotel without losing the payment.

The conference room was too small for the number of people. The first day was horribly hot. We had to open the doors and unfortunately the hotel staff was LOUD in the hall ways and the kitchen was directly across th hall, with not consideration taken for our open conference room doors. The food served was really delicious. Mexican buffet the first day, and baked potato bar the next.

As I said, I hadn't stayed at a Hilton before and every hotel I have ever been to has had a complimentary breakfast. I proceeded to serve myself some buffet bacon and cold eggs and the attendant asked me if I had been there before. She showed me the buffet lay out of hot and cold selections, and asked me if I wanted coffee which she delivered to a table she selected for me. She then mentioned that if I wanted I could custom order an omlette and that the cost would be $8.95. I shrugged my shoulders, in a hurry to get to the conference and said, "This will work." And sat down to my quick breakfast. Then she returned with my $8.95 bill. Now, I am sorry to be an idiot but I assumed the custom breakfast was what they charged for and what meager things I chose were complimentary like most places. Nope! Tricky, tricky way to get somebody to agree to breakfast if you ask me.

My baby took her first swim at this hotel on this trip!!

Otherwise the stay was fine. I enjoyed the next night at the Holiday Inn down the street much more!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
HGI01, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for sharing the things you enjoyed about staying with us. Also, for bringing to our attention the things we could have done better. Guest feedback is crucial to us. I'm sorry our service fell below your standards in the meeting you attended. We hope you will try us again in the future and give us the opportunity to provide the guest service we are known for.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Excellent Hotel ... great location, great staff, all the amenities .... clean! Clean! ... the beds offer you a fabulous sleep .... our #1 hotel to stay at! Excellent access to the airport and if driving ... good access to the main roadways.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGI01, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our property. We are so happy that you had such a great stay and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Positives :
- Clean Room
- Friendly front stafff and shuttle bus drivers
- Excellent bed, very comfortable
- Quiet, no airplane noise
- Free shuttle to and from airport. Very organized and timely.

Negatives :
- Stayed on first floor by the pool (Room 108 I think). First night had a smell of cigarette smoke, not sure where it was coming from. 2nd night was fine.
- Loud water flushing noise in the middle of the night, not sure where or why.

Summary : I would definitely stay there again. Great value.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to submit your reveiw of our hotel. We appreciate your comments and glad that your stay with us was comfortable. I am not sure what the sound of rushing water would be but will definitely be looking into this.
We hope that you will stay here next time you are in Portland!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The staff at this Hilton Garden Inn is always courteous and the rooms are clean and comfortable. When we are flying out of PDX, this is our favorite place to stay. The hotel provides easy access to the airport and ensures that we aren't rushed for those early morning flights.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2014

Thank you for the nice reveiw!