“Love the bed!”

Ranked #48 of 142 Hotels in Portland
Pacific Northwest
“Love the bed!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The hotel and lobby were pretty nice, high average, nothing posh, unique or amazing. Fairly utilitarian. The room was sufficient but small. The mattress was AWESOME! I had never slept at a Hilton before or on an adjustable air mattress. Will consider one next time we are due to buy a new mattress.

A few notes on service. I stayed here for 2 nights out of 3 day conference. I wish I could have stayed the third night but they were booked and had to stay at a different hotel down the street. This was a difficult adjustment for my 6 month old baby to make. Upon checking in we had asked to be put on a waiting list for an available room but did not get notification we could stay the third night until it was too late to cancel our room at the other hotel without losing the payment.

The conference room was too small for the number of people. The first day was horribly hot. We had to open the doors and unfortunately the hotel staff was LOUD in the hall ways and the kitchen was directly across th hall, with not consideration taken for our open conference room doors. The food served was really delicious. Mexican buffet the first day, and baked potato bar the next.

As I said, I hadn't stayed at a Hilton before and every hotel I have ever been to has had a complimentary breakfast. I proceeded to serve myself some buffet bacon and cold eggs and the attendant asked me if I had been there before. She showed me the buffet lay out of hot and cold selections, and asked me if I wanted coffee which she delivered to a table she selected for me. She then mentioned that if I wanted I could custom order an omlette and that the cost would be $8.95. I shrugged my shoulders, in a hurry to get to the conference and said, "This will work." And sat down to my quick breakfast. Then she returned with my $8.95 bill. Now, I am sorry to be an idiot but I assumed the custom breakfast was what they charged for and what meager things I chose were complimentary like most places. Nope! Tricky, tricky way to get somebody to agree to breakfast if you ask me.

My baby took her first swim at this hotel on this trip!!

Otherwise the stay was fine. I enjoyed the next night at the Holiday Inn down the street much more!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HGI01, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing the things you enjoyed about staying with us. Also, for bringing to our attention the things we could have done better. Guest feedback is crucial to us. I'm sorry our service fell below your standards in the meeting you attended. We hope you will try us again in the future and give us the opportunity to provide the guest service we are known for.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Korean first
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Excellent Hotel ... great location, great staff, all the amenities .... clean! Clean! ... the beds offer you a fabulous sleep .... our #1 hotel to stay at! Excellent access to the airport and if driving ... good access to the main roadways.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGI01, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our property. We are so happy that you had such a great stay and we look forward to seeing you again.
Canada
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Positives :
- Clean Room
- Friendly front stafff and shuttle bus drivers
- Excellent bed, very comfortable
- Quiet, no airplane noise
- Free shuttle to and from airport. Very organized and timely.

Negatives :
- Stayed on first floor by the pool (Room 108 I think). First night had a smell of cigarette smoke, not sure where it was coming from. 2nd night was fine.
- Loud water flushing noise in the middle of the night, not sure where or why.

Summary : I would definitely stay there again. Great value.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit your reveiw of our hotel. We appreciate your comments and glad that your stay with us was comfortable. I am not sure what the sound of rushing water would be but will definitely be looking into this.
We hope that you will stay here next time you are in Portland!
Dufur, United States
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The staff at this Hilton Garden Inn is always courteous and the rooms are clean and comfortable. When we are flying out of PDX, this is our favorite place to stay. The hotel provides easy access to the airport and ensures that we aren't rushed for those early morning flights.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this review, September 17, 2014
Thank you for the nice reveiw!

Liz
eagle, United States
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Wonderful service, clean room, comfy bed but very loud cooling unit. Hot room but when the cooling was on it was so loud we could not sleep! But the staff was First Class and the breakfast was amazing!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments in regards to your stay with our hotel. I apologize about the loud A/C unit and will make sure that maintenance takes a look at this and that they are servicing them as they should be.
Thank you again and we look forward to your return!
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed June 5, 2013

One of the best HGIs we have stayed in. Very professional and courteous check-in, excellent dinner menu in the All American Grill with polite and pleasant servers.
Will stay here next time we pass through Portland. Usually stay at the Lake Oswego property but it was full so tried this one... so glad we did.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your OVER THE TOP review! We are glad that you styaed with us on this trip and look forward to your next stay!

Liz
Bend, OR
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have visited all of the Garden Inns in Northern Oregon in the last two years. One of the benefits of staying in this chain is you are assured of the same level of service and comfort at each location. As an elderly frequent traveler that is important. The room was large and clean. The internal security is comforting. The breakfast food was good and you can have either table service or a buffet. I like the ability adjust the comfort level of the bed. All in all this location fits in to one of the best places to stay in this area. I was surprised I was not annoyed by aircraft noise. One thing I did not care for. In order to have a walk-in shower, the sink area was reduced to one sink and a minimum of counter space. Design could be much better.

Room Tip: Top floor, away from elevator and don't ask for a walk-in shower.