“Very Friendly and Helpful”

Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport
Ranked #48 of 142 Hotels in Portland
Bay City, Michigan
“Very Friendly and Helpful”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was an excellent choice. The hotel was clean, the price was great and I became a member of Hilton Honors. The staff was awesome! I will seek these hotels out in the near future to stay at.
The location was only three miles from the airport, very handy. It was still very quiet, even when the airplanes flew over. You had to be outside to hear them. The free bottles of water were greatly appreciated and we took them with us while we seen the sites.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for submitting the great review on our hotel! We hope that you will return again to see the "finished product" of our remodel and give us another opportunity to have you as our guests.

Liz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Korean first
Canby, Oregon, United States
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We mainly stay at this hotel because we are Hilton Honors members and can get a good deal. The staff is always very friendly; and we love the free airport hotel shuttle. Unfortunately they are doing a remodel on the lobby so we did not take advantage of any of the services offered there. Plus on the weekends they do not provide dining or bar service. The "new" mattress model they use allows each person to adjust the firmness of the mattress; I set mine to 4/5 out of 10 and woke up feeling very deflated. My husband adjusted his to 0 and had a very firm mattress. I'd rather they go back to just a regular mattress.

Room Tip: Most rooms are good; since it's near the airport you will hear noise no matter what side you are...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to do a review on our hotel. We truely appreciate your kind comments. We hope that you will come back to stay with us when we are all done with the remodel. It is really progressing and we can't wait for the finished product. Our goal is to create an environment where everyone is comfortable and can enjoy our lobby and feel at home. I know you will love it!

Salem, Oregon
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Wonderful to recieve a FREE bottle of water at check-in. The lobby is under construction, which was not a surprise as this was noted on the webiste when I made the reservations. Even under construction, the lobby was neat and clean. The staff was very helpful before arrival, during and after check-out. Accomodations requested were made available immediatley; nice change from other hotels. Will stay here again and again when flying out of PDX. Great to have fridge, microwave, and coffee/tea maker!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thanks for the great review! We should be done with our remodel within the next few weeks and we hope that you will come back and check it out. I know that you will love it!

Camano Island, Washington
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Hotel is under remodel and all services are not available. Very disappointing. I was there for a conference and the lunch served by the kitchen was bland and barely warm. The beds were comfortable, but I am not sure I would stay there again. The remodel is set to last until March 2013, so be prepared tha not all amenities are available.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your last stay with us. We are trying to make this remodel as painless as possible for guests. You can still have breakfast and dinner, we have just moved it to a meeting room. We also miss the guests being able to sit in the lobby and converse. It makes it awfully quiet at the front desk. Most diverted amenities should be available again by the first part of February.
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your meal served during your meeting and will bring your comments to my Food and Beverage Manager.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you will be back!

Roseburg, Oregon
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Room was quiet and clean. When our TV broke, the immediately moved us to another room with great help to minimize the inconvenience. Lobby is being renovated but that was only a small issue. We will certainly stay there again

Room Tip: The rooms on the upper two floors seem to be quieter
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with our hotel! We hope you will come back to see the new improved lobby and restaurant! We should be finishing up by mid-February.. We appreciate your business.

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My travel agent failed to mention that the hotel is being renovated and so there is no restaurant/bar/lobby at all. Walked in to paper on the floor and plastic sheeting for walls. There was no attempt to address the condition by the staff and no price adjustment. Although there was no restaurant/bar, room service was still available. Rooms are clean and food is good. The young lady delivering the room service and the early morning shuttle driver were the only staff members that I saw smile the whole time I was there.

I may give it another try, but not until after January when the renovations are suppose to be complete.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of our hotel. I know it is frustrating to stay at a hotel and not have all the amenities that you have come to expect. We are trying to do our best to accommodate our guests during this construction. We have adjusted our rate down from our regular rates in hopes to make some sort of compensation.
We are excited for our "new look" and to have you come back to our hotel to see the finished product!
Thank you for being a loyal guest and we look forward to your return!

Fallbrook, California
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed here for two days while on business travel last week. Totally unannounced and unknown to me, the lobby was undergoing renovation and was completely covered with paper; i.e. no furniture, nothing. The check in process was fine, but the room was tired and outdated with wallpaper patches on the walls. Next morning's desk service was fine but the evening's was surly and the two gentlemen at the desk acted like I was bothering them when I came through.

The room was quiet and well sized, but there are limited dining options in the area and the hotel really isn't convenient to the airport. This HGI is by far the worst that I have ever stayed at, and I am a Hilton Honors member. I will not be staying here again and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Please accept our apologies for the frustration caused by our lobby renovation. However, we do have it listed on our website and it prints on the confirmations. We are updating the lobby and restaurant to better serve our guests and the finished product is going to be spetacular. We are trying to make it as non-intrusive to our guests as possible and have set up our meeting area for dining options.
We do have quite a few dining options in the area that our shuttle is more than happy to take you to. We have the Cascade Station that has at least a dozen different dining options. We also have our airport shuttle that is available 24 hours to take you to and from the airport which is 3 miles down the street.
I am sorry that our night front desk staff did not extend to you the guest service that is expected and I will address this situation.
All of our rooms have been recently renovated with exception of the wallpaper, which is next on our list.
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review and giving me the opportunity to address them.
I hope that you will reconsider staying here in the future and come back to see the finished product.