“Quiet and Comfortable”

Ranked #46 of 139 Hotels in Portland
Maryland
“Quiet and Comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed here on my trip to Hawaii. The hotel is clean, comfortable and quiet. Shower flow was excellent. Staff is friendly and very helpful. They made reservations for dinner at Salty's on the Columbia River (An excellent seafood restaurant) and then took us there in their van. After dinner they picked us up and returned us to the hotel.
This is an airport hotel which does not have a bar or a dining room on weekends. They do provide a breakfast that all things considered, was good but was not included in the cost of the rooom.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your kind commentsand hope that you will choose us again next time your travels bring you to Portland!

Liz Charbonneau

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Korean first
Fort Worth
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel is fine in that is is very close to the airport and provides shuttles back and forth. The food was good, however a little expensive. I felt that the rooms could use an upgrade as they seemed somewhat old. The fitness center had good equipment and more itmes than I was expecting. Would return if needed to be near the airport.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to send in your review. We always appreicate any feedback that we receive. I did want you to know that within the last 8 months we did a complete upgrade on the room-everything in the rooms is new; furniture, drapes, artwork, lamps, carpet, etc. Also, within the next couple of months we will be renovating our lobby and restaurant, so next time you visit the public areas will have a brand new updated look and feel.. We hope that you will return and check it out!
I am glad that you find our hotel convenient for your travels and do appreciate your business!

Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

The hotel was very nice. The check in staff was friendly. We had a first floor King room. They were able to accommodate an early check which was great since we had flown into Seattle and driven down to Portland. The rooms were comfortable. The breakfast was very good but costs extra. Internet is free. It was standard Garden Inn fare.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to send in your review. We appreciate the good rating you gave our hotel! Thank you for your business and we hope you will return next time you visit Portland!

L:iz
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I see some recent reviews about poor service. I saw none of this. Pretty much a standard Hilton Garden stay. Handy location for us. Clean room. Service at breakfast was excellent. We are staying again. Tomorrow. I will report back if something seems weaker, but frankly I expect another reasonable cost stay, nice room, and so on. Internet worked well. Small fitness room, but again pretty standard for HG.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KiowaVT
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thanks for the nice review and for taking the time to submit it!
Hamilton, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

If I visited the Portland area again, I would not stay at this hotel. There are lots of other choices near the airport for a much lower price that offer free breakfast. My room smelled like BO upon my arrival, I called the front desk and they did someone up with Febreeze. The TV was also not working upon my arrival, apparently it was unplugged, I would think housekeeping would have checked this. The bed was very comfortable, water temperature varied when someone else nearby showered. Service at breakfast was subpar and the frontdesk was not attentive.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
I am so sorry you were unhappy with your stay with us. Our housekeepers work very hard to keep our rooms and common areas clean and an unacceptable guest room is not the standard at our hotel. My sincerest apologies. I hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time that you are in Portland, so that we can give you the guest servie that you deserve!

Wine Country
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stayed here before, and a HH member. If it wasn't booked as a MVP rate, well even that, I will not stay here again. Service has disappeared, quality went out with the trash, ugh!! Maybe too much competition in the area, location is good if you like noise, and their sleep number knock off beds are a joke!! the dial spins and does nothing, maybe time to change hotel name to a Best Western Plus if that! We had booked two nights, arrival and departure, but cancelled the last night after the first night. Ended up sleeping on the downtown streets of Portland next to VooDoo donuts!

Room Tip: looks are deceiving.....bring ear plugs
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Please except my sincere apologies that you did not enjoy your last stay with our hotel. We pride ourselves on our guest service because we know that there are many other hotels in the area to choose from so customer service needs to be top notch as to make that "difference" for our guests. I am sorry that we seemed to have dropped the ball in your case! I will definitely be bringing your review to our staff's attention so we can make this an opportunity to refresh our customer service skills. I thank you for bringing this to our attention.
I did want you to know that this winter we are going to be doing a complete renovation of our lobby and restaurant area (we did our rooms last winter). I hope that you wil think about coming back so that we can give you the customer service that you deserve!

Corvallis, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Service at this hotel was terrible. As a Hilton Honors member, we were placed on the second floor even though we booked well in advance. While this wouldn't normally make or break a deal, we (including our seven month baby who was already sleeping) were placed under very loud tenants. Someone kept stomping, running around, and slamming the door. We called over and over and over and I personally went down to the front desk to talk with someone. It took almost two hours to remedy the situation, which at one point woke up our daughter.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
I wanted to sincerely apologize for the noise that you had to experience during your stay with our hotel. I am sure that it was very frustrating for you and your family! It is our goal to make sure our guests are happy during their stay with us and that is how we train our employees here. We obviously dropped the ball in your case and I will be looking into this . I hope that you will consider coming back to our hotel in your future stays and give us the opportunity to give you the guest service that you derserve!