We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite in June prior to attending a conference at a different downtown hotel. We were at this hotel for 2 nights.
We were generally pleased with the hotel. We liked the quiet location (except for the drone of the highway) and the access to the riverside trail down to the park. We were wishing for our bikes as we watched countless happy people trekking down the riverside trail.
The staff was outstanding - taking the time to help us map out destinations in town. They even offered us an umbrella when we were headed out and it looked like rain.
- Wonderful suit set up. Very well-thought design.
- Clean rooms
- Bathroom sink is separate from the shower / toilet area
- Full kitchen amenities
- Funky/Fun couch (my wife loved sitting there to read)
- Very nice assortment to choose from at breakfast
- Quick access to free trolley (last stop in fareless square)
- VERY courteous and helpful staff.
- Only a few restaurant choices nearby. Maybe a 5 minute walk.
- Some rough-looking areas (still under development?) just outside the hotel
- River view from room may include a close-up of the highway.
- Highway noise (constant drone) throughout night
- No easy stair access to main floor. We were on 3 and HAD to take elevators because stairs deposited you outside on a fire rescue platform with no return entry to the building.
- Only 2 elevators caused for long waits at breakfast time and around check-in/check-out time.
- No free parking - tho the attached parking deck clearly belongs to the hotel.
Overall we'd consider staying here again if coming to visit with our bikes. Otherwise, we'd be more inclined to consider a more central-downtown location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Marriott Residence Inn - Portland Downtown RiverPlace hotel is in downtown Portland near the Tom McCall Waterfront Park in the South Waterfront District. This all-suite hotel is the closest hotel to Oregon Health Sciences University (OHSU) and is also near Portland State University. The Marriott Residence Inn Portland Downtown at RiverPlace is near downtown Portland's shopping and entertainment district and the hotel features their own stop on the Portland Streetcar line for convenient access everywhere. The Portland Aerial Tram is a short distance on foot as well. This downtown Portland hotel is minutes from the Oregon Convention Center and the Moda Center, home of the Portland Trail Blazers. This extended stay Marriott hotel is located less than 10 miles from the Portland International Airport and is adjacent to the Willamette River featuring accessible walking and jogging paths along the downtown Waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Portland Downtown/Riverplace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Portland Downtown / Riverplace Hotel Portland
- Portland Residence Inn