Staybridge Suites Portland Airport
  • Pool
$204
$198
Travelocity
All reviewsportland airportcomplimentary dinnerfull kitchenbedroom suitefree laundryseparate buildingyogurtsocial hourhome away from homelonger stayindoor poolan early flightwake up callshuttle driverpark and flythe breakfast areaeach morning
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This is our first time at this particular property, but we've stayed at Staybridge Suites before. We were very happy with our stay. We got a two bedroom/two bath suite, since sharing a bathroom with two teenagers means we would never get out of the room in the morning.

The hotel was very clean. Breakfast was pretty good, the usual stuff you would expect for a free hotel breakfast. They had free dinner on Tuesday from 5:30 - 7:30, but we weren't back in time for that. Nice touch, though.

The laundry room is free to use, and you can buy two pods of Purex laundry soap for $1 in the pantry. The first time I did laundry one of the washing machines was broken. A couple days later, a different washing machine was broken. But each time a maintenance man was working on it, and I can't fault the hotel. I bet those machines get a lot of abuse since it's free to use them.

The parking is free. Movie rentals are $1. There is a McDonald's across the street if you're addicted to iced tea like I am.

You can hear planes taking off since it's right by the airport, but it didn't wake me up. If you are a light sleeper, it might wake you up. They even have a monitor in the lobby with flight arrival and departure times, just like at the airport.

There are two computers you can use for free. I was able to print our boarding passes easily. I didn't use the gym, even though I told my trainer I would, but you have to go through the gym to get to the laundry room, so I got to see the machines. They are nice and look fairly new. The gym was clean.

One downside to our room was the lack of places to charge your phone/ipad/camera etc. One bedroom had a queen bed with a desk. It had a lamp, but the lamp didn't have a plug on the base like many hotel lamps do. My kids used that room and charged their phones with outlets on the wall, so their phones were on the floor. The other bedroom had a king size bed. The lamps on the night stands didn't have plugs, either. I had to move the nightstand away from the wall to find an outlet to plug in my phone. I like charging it by my bed so I can use the alarm on it. If you don't want the phone in the bedroom with you, you can charge it by the breakfast table or on the kitchen counter. I just think the lamps should have plugs.

We would definitely stay again.

1  Thank scrapulous
MegDPortland, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are happy to have had you and your family with us!

Thank you for the comment regarding more plug ins for technology items! It has been noted and brought to the attention of IHG.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I really wanted to like this place - all the reviews were glowing, and as a rule I like mid-range suite properties. But while the public areas are nice, we were disappointed with the room itself.

To begin with, when I selected the room on booking.com, the description said, "Bed Size(s): 1 King, 1 Sofa bed(s)." I know the drawbacks of booking through a third-party site, but I usually get the room that's listed. When we checked in, we were given a room labeled "queen mobility access suite." I questioned the bed size, but on the computer it said we were not guaranteed a bed size. We were mildly disappointed as we headed up to our room. . .

. . .only to discover the "queen" sized bed was actually only a full-sized (I measured it and compared it to our bed when I got home). The couch was very uncomfortable to sit on (moreso than your typical uncomfortable sofa bed couch), and the small bed turned out to be very hard. Consequently, we both checked out with sore backs (not unusual for my husband, but very unusual for me).

In its favor, the kitchen was well-stocked with sets of dishes and silverware for four. There were also a few pots and pans and serving bowls - but no cooking utensils. LOTS of towels and bathroom amenities, but our unit had no bathroom counter (this may have been due to it being a "mobility access" room).

All in all, I was disappointed enough that I'll be heading back to the Embassy Suites next time (which was full on this trip).

Room Tip: If bed size matters, you might ask to see the room before accepting it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mrsacuna
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear mrsacuna,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the inconvenience the room assigned to you may have caused. Please understand that bed types are not guaranteed at check-in as it will depend on what is available and occupancy level of the hotel. It does not happen all the time, I guess the hotel was busy at the time you've check-in that's why the bed type you reserved is no longer available. Nevertheless, I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 14, 2013

the hotel rooms were much larger than normal the continental breakfast was better than average. We only stayed there for the first night of our oregon Washington vacation but I would be willing to stay again if I go back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
MegDPortland, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review!

I am so happy to hear you had a nice stay. I hope that we get the pleasure of having you with us again in the near future.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We only have positive things to say about the Staybridge Suites. The suite was very comfortable, extremely clean and the staff was eager to please. The breakfast was adequate and the social hour was a plus. The shuttle bus was an added bonus and so was the free laundromat. All in all a very pleasant experience!!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kales47
MegDPortland, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.

I'm so happy to hear you had a wonderful stay! I'm also glad that you got to enjoy many of our amenities.

I hope that you are able to visit us again soon!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We visited Portland recently for a friend's wedding and needed a good place to stay with our two young daughters. We reserved a 2-bedroom suite and were very happy with it. The living room/kitchen area was in-between the two bedrooms, offering us plenty of privacy. The kitchen had a full fridge, a microwave, a dishwasher, a sink, two electric burners, a toaster oven, and a coffee maker. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and it seems to be a fairly new property so everything was nice and in good working order.

The breakfast each morning included bagels, pastries cereal, oatmeal, a waffle station (only one waffle iron though so there was often a line), yogurt, fresh fruit, and a daily hot item (biscuits & gravy, eggs & sausage, etc.). The food was decent, although the area was quite small. They also had various juices and fresh coffee. There is a evening food/wine reception, but it was only Tuesday-Thursday so we didn't get to check it out.

Most of the hotel staff was very friendly. The woman who checked us in was helpful, efficient, and pleasant. Every staff member I encountered in the hallways during our stay greeted me warmly. My only complaint was that the ladies manning the breakfast area were not very friendly. On a couple of occasions I asked about items that they had run out of (spoons, syrup, etc.) and while they took care of it eventually, they were slow and didn't act like it was a big deal. I don't know that I ever saw them smile.

Overall, it was a nice stay and we would definitely stay there again!

2  Thank Lem W

Thank you very much for your review.

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed our two bedroom suite and that you were comfortable. I'm also glad to hear that you got to enjoy our breakfast! I appreciate you informing me of your experience in the morning. I will look into this.

Thank you again! I hope we get the pleasure of having you with us again in the near future.