We checked in with no reservation because we had to change hotels with no notice - we were delighted to be able to check in and get to our room at noon. The clerk at the front desk was very friendly. There was a housekeeping issue in our room, which was unfortunate, and the second front desk clerk didn't seem sure of what to do, but when I contacted the hotel management it was dealt with effectively and we were given a discount, so kudos for that. I understand that mistakes happen, so I don't really mind as long as they're handled well by management, and this was.
We had a one bedroom suite, which was great - kitchen with fridge, stovetop and dishwasher and lots of counter space, a desk, 2 flatscreen TV's, a little living area. The hotel is showing a bit of age, but overall things were well maintained. The A/C is old-fashioned and pretty noisy, but other than that, the hotel was quiet, especially given that it's an airport hotel. The breakfast was the usual fare - cold items plus waffles and egg/meat. The bed was comfortable, although the sofa wasn't particularly, but that's the usual hazard of a sofa-bed. The wi fi worked well.
We didn't try the amenities, so I can't comment on the gym or pool, but it's very nice that they offer a free laundry room, complete with a handy laundry basket in your closet. Lots of closet and drawer space, too. This would definitely be a good place for a longer stay.
For the price and for having a last-minute check-in, we were well satisfied.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located 1.5 miles from the Portland International Airport, easily accessible to I-205 and only minutes away from shopping at Lloyd Center and Clackamas Town Center! 60 scenic minutes from our location you can enjoy the outdoors, while visiting the pristine Mt. Hood and the breathless Mt. St. Helen's. The Staybridge Suites is the newest concept to the upscale extended stay market. Come and relax in one of our spacious studio, one bedroom or two bedroom/ two bathroom suites that come with fully equipped kitchens, complimentary high speed and wireless Internet access, complimentary laundry facility, fitness center, pool & Jacuzzi. Whether you are here for a day, a week or a month you will find our hotel inviting and accommodating allowing you to relax unwind and be productive while away from home. Our goal is to 'make your stay as close to home as possible.' Join us in the great room every morning for a delicious complimentary breakfast as you prepare for your day and be sure to drop by and join us Tuesdays through Thursdays for our light "Sundowner" Guest Reception with salad bar, hot entree and complimentary beverages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, IHG, Hotwire, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Staybridge Suites Portland Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Portland Airport Hotel Portland
- Portland Staybridge Suites