“100 % pleased” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #52 of 137 Hotels in Portland
Burnaby
“100 % pleased”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

I just wanted to say how pleased we were with every aspect of our recent stay. The hotel was spotless, The whirlpool was crystal clear and the breakfasts were handy and good. The front desk staff went out of their way to please and assist us in everyway. 100% happy with our stay and would return to this hotel and recommend it to others. It was 2333 Vaughn Street Portland

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ItsmeBurnaby
Tiffany P, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Hi ItsmeBurnaby

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an awesome review! We truly appreciate it, and hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Esslingen am Neckar, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

I have been in this hotel for about two weeks.

Pros:
The rooms are nice, newly refurbished. Bathroom pleases the eyes. Wifi is free of charge and works good on all floors. The gym and the indoor pool are in good conditions. Free and plenty parking lots are available.

Cons:
Hotel is located close to the highway. If you are a light sleeper or want to sleep with open windows, bring ear plugs.
For most non-Americans the breakfast is poor. It is just the ordinary bagles and bacon breakfast. It lacks of variety and freshness. No cheese, no freshly made eggs, no real juice. Even the bacon was not crispy. Want to eat oatmeal for 2 weeks?

Still, I would recommend the hotel for their rooms and for their cost/benefit.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank YaCop
Hi there Yacop

Thanks so much for your review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed so many of our amenities. We hope to see you again soon!
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff. Not much of a dinner menu when I visited because of being shorthanded a cook. I was very satisfied with the rate and the room. The shuttle was very responsive. About 2 miles from the airport. I will be back to visit again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Mivan69
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Mivan69,

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad you mentioned our friendly staff. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ojai, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

Holiday Inn Expresses are mostly always a good bet when I am on business travel, make the boss happy when you don't add in breakfast costs, (or in this case, the gym with indoor pool is included). Rooms were nice, big bathroom, staff was great! I choose this particular hotel because it's really close to my office and was happy with my choice. Fitness center is small, but machines are in good condition. They do have a store downstairs but it barely has anything in it, they might want to ramp up the selection, particularly of munchies and sweets (what can I say, business makes me hungry). I will be back and forth to Portland with this new job and I plan to make this hotel my go-to-first option.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Redmango43
Tiffany P, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Hi Redmango43!

Thank you for taking the time to write us a great review! We are so happy to hear that you will be choosing us on your future trips to Portland! We will be sure and do everything we can to stock the gift shop with yummy sweets and munchies very soon :]

See you again soon!
Brookings, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

On a business trip to Portland, not the hotel I would have picked as our meeting was in Northeast, but overall a good stay. The hotel is in a great neighborhood with some really great restaurants, bars and shopping a short walk away. Unfortunately it rained all but our first night in town so we didn't do a great deal of exploring. Not having a restaurant or bar in the hotel was a downside, but at a holiday inn express I didn't expect one. The breakfast wasn't great, but what do you expect from a hotel breakfast buffet? The pool area was clean and neat, without the strong chlorine smell of some hotel pools. My room was clean, but the housekeeping wasn't stellar. No shampoo the second day of a four day stay and no new cups. The in room and breakfast bar coffee was AWFUL and only one package of coffee in room ( about two cups) but there were 4 coffee cups. No way would there have been enough coffee for four. I loved the array of pillows I could pick one that was closest to mine at home. Overall a good stay, nothing glaringly good or bad.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Paulie H
Tiffany P, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Hello Paulie H

Thank you so much for your review. I am very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy our breakfast choices, or the housekeeping service that you received. I will be sure to forward all of your comments onto our housekeeping manager so that we can fix this issue and be sure it doesn't happen again.
Poulsbo, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

I moved here on a whim because I didn't like where I stayed last night. I thought I would stay in Vancouver, WA instead of Downtown Portland, OR to save my company a little money. Not only is this property less per night, but included internet, parking, and breakfast. The desk staff were genuinely friendly (instead of fake smile fake customer service style friendly). Parking is not only free, but convenient. This hotel is walking distance to tons of shops and good Eats on trendy 23rd. I'm in 3+ hotels per week and this will be my new "Go To" place when I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Try and get a West facing room for a green view. Very happy with 412 for this reason.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank 65Mustang-PoulsboWA
Tiffany P, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Hello 65Mustang-poulsboWA

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay!

See you soon!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stayed one night here - didn't know Portland but found I could walk / ride the tram to everywhere I wanted to visit. Good example of a good Holiday Inn Express - safe area, pleasant clean room, clean self-service laundry, free strong wifi, clean bathroom with good strong shower, good breakfast. Friendly service. Would recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tiffany P, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Hello rebshep

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and all the things our hotel has to offer. We appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon!