“Nice hotel, good location for work.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown

You added Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2333 NW Vaughn St, Portland, OR 97210 (Northwest District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Direct and Save
Ranked #48 of 137 Hotels in Portland
Ojai, California
“Nice hotel, good location for work.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Holiday Inn Expresses are mostly always a good bet when I am on business travel, make the boss happy when you don't add in breakfast costs, (or in this case, the gym with indoor pool is included). Rooms were nice, big bathroom, staff was great! I choose this particular hotel because it's really close to my office and was happy with my choice. Fitness center is small, but machines are in good condition. They do have a store downstairs but it barely has anything in it, they might want to ramp up the selection, particularly of munchies and sweets (what can I say, business makes me hungry). I will be back and forth to Portland with this new job and I plan to make this hotel my go-to-first option.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Redmango43
Tiffany P, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Hi Redmango43!

Thank you for taking the time to write us a great review! We are so happy to hear that you will be choosing us on your future trips to Portland! We will be sure and do everything we can to stock the gift shop with yummy sweets and munchies very soon :]

See you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Harbor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

On a business trip to Portland, not the hotel I would have picked as our meeting was in Northeast, but overall a good stay. The hotel is in a great neighborhood with some really great restaurants, bars and shopping a short walk away. Unfortunately it rained all but our first night in town so we didn't do a great deal of exploring. Not having a restaurant or bar in the hotel was a downside, but at a holiday inn express I didn't expect one. The breakfast wasn't great, but what do you expect from a hotel breakfast buffet? The pool area was clean and neat, without the strong chlorine smell of some hotel pools. My room was clean, but the housekeeping wasn't stellar. No shampoo the second day of a four day stay and no new cups. The in room and breakfast bar coffee was AWFUL and only one package of coffee in room ( about two cups) but there were 4 coffee cups. No way would there have been enough coffee for four. I loved the array of pillows I could pick one that was closest to mine at home. Overall a good stay, nothing glaringly good or bad.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Paulie H
Tiffany P, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Hello Paulie H

Thank you so much for your review. I am very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy our breakfast choices, or the housekeeping service that you received. I will be sure to forward all of your comments onto our housekeeping manager so that we can fix this issue and be sure it doesn't happen again.
Poulsbo, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I moved here on a whim because I didn't like where I stayed last night. I thought I would stay in Vancouver, WA instead of Downtown Portland, OR to save my company a little money. Not only is this property less per night, but included internet, parking, and breakfast. The desk staff were genuinely friendly (instead of fake smile fake customer service style friendly). Parking is not only free, but convenient. This hotel is walking distance to tons of shops and good Eats on trendy 23rd. I'm in 3+ hotels per week and this will be my new "Go To" place when I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Try and get a West facing room for a green view. Very happy with 412 for this reason.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank 65Mustang-PoulsboWA
Tiffany P, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Hello 65Mustang-poulsboWA

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay!

See you soon!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stayed one night here - didn't know Portland but found I could walk / ride the tram to everywhere I wanted to visit. Good example of a good Holiday Inn Express - safe area, pleasant clean room, clean self-service laundry, free strong wifi, clean bathroom with good strong shower, good breakfast. Friendly service. Would recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Tiffany P, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Hello rebshep

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and all the things our hotel has to offer. We appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon!
Garden Valley, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We and another couple spent 3 nights here and were so impressed with the accomodations and the staff. The full free breakfasts are great! Try the biscuits & gravy. I really liked the scrambled eggs and the omelets. If we were missing anything in our rooms, they were right up with the replacement. Great internet service, too. I highly recommend this location and will stay here again when in Portland.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank edunn782
Tiffany P, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Hi edunn782

Thank you for your review! We are overjoyed to hear about the positive experience you had with our breakfast, and staff. We can't wait to see you again the next time you're in Portland!
Kent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We stayed in Portland as part of new England road trip. The hotel is fairly standard holiday inn, but does the job well. Nice helpful staff and good location for seeing Portland. Portland is a great place to visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Tiffany P, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Hi there Liz G

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please consider us during your next visit to Portland!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Everything in Portland was a 5min car ride or 30 min walk away. Room was clean and room service was timely and good. Everybody was friendly at the front desk every day. The breakfast could use a little more love, but free is still free.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tiffany P, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear greg o

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback about our breakfast. We are in the process of introducing some delicious new breakfast items! We hope you will come back and see us soon to try them out.

Tiffany Patterson