“Indoor Pool is heated and clean”

Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown
Ranked #56 of 139 Hotels in Portland
San Diego, California
“Indoor Pool is heated and clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Traveled through with 3 kids, they loved the pool! It was remodeled, clean, warm (attached photo). The staff said rooms were remodeled few years ago, standard rooms clean and comfortable. Free underground parking keeps you dry in the rain. They give you bags of snack and water and cookies in the lobby. I told staff we stayed at other holiday inns this trip and no one gave us these bags and was told it depends on the owner and this owner likes the gift bag touch. Breakfast was standard egg bacon pastry, nice to have for kids. The restaurants nearby were nice places but my kids didnt want to eat there and parking was hard to find at night so we drove further and found a red robin my kids liked. Anyway, I would stay here again if ever through here.

• Stayed April 2013
Leo P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
We are so happy to hear how much you, and your family enjoyed our pool, gift bags, and breakfast. Parking can be tough downtown, I agree. Feel free to ask the staff for non-driving reccomendations (i.e taxie, or public transportation) the next time you are here.

We look forward to seeing you, and your family again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Milpitas, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I had another wonderful stay at this gem of a hotel. It is a gem due to its staff, location, great breakfast, comfortable king bed, cleanliness, HDTV channel selection and stable HSIA! Will be back soon!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MSwanson777
Thank you for recognizing what a "gem" our hotel truly is! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay here so much.

Look forward to seeing you soon!
Payette, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was in town for just a quick overnight stay and I've stayed at this hotel in the past. I really like the location because I can get out and explore the neighborhood on 23rd Street and have a semi-downtown Portland experience without truly having to go downtown. It's an interesting area with some nice shops and restaurants.
My room was clean and comfortable. I will admit the view of the cement wall was a bit disappointing but by the time I got back to my room to look out the window it was dark. The front desk staff were efficient and attentive and the breakfast bar in the morning was clean and well stocked.
A good experience overall.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tami H
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy all of our amenities here at the Holiday Inn Express. We apologize about the quality of the view in your room. Please contact us for any future reservations to request a room with a view.

Thanks again!
Pacific Northwest, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Every HIExpress where I've stayed has been filled with wonderful staff, and this was no exception. I checked in on a Sunday evening and had a very noisy child in a nearby room that kept me up until midnight, so I only had about four hours sleep (not fun since I was in town for a class I was teaching). The next morning I explained the problem and asked if Marc could move me to another room. He quickly obliged and asked me to just have my items put together and they would take care of moving everything to a quiet room on the fourth floor while I was out. When I returned in the evening everything was in a new room and I got a wonderful nights sleep.

Beds were nice (medium firm), good selection of pillows, breakfast was good. I very much appreciated that they had a binder out labelled 'Food Ingredients' as I have some food allergies and I hate bothering the staff with questions in the morning when they are busy. Thank you for that!

Location was good, easy to find, quick trip into downtown Portland (5 minutes).

Thanks for a pleasant stay, when I'm overnight in Portland for business I'll be staying here again.

Room Tip: Fourth floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the great review of our hotel! Our staff, especially Mark, does everything they can to accommodate any requests our guests may have. We are very sorry to hear about the noise from your neighbors, but we are glad that Mark was able to address your situation in a timly manner.

We look forward to seeing you again next time!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Spent a week here and truly enjoyed it. Had never stayed in North Portland, and had a good time strolling up & down 23rd street.

Rooms are good, standard HIE breakfast, easy on/off the highway, free on-site parking. Nice place, I'll hopefully be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel! NW Portland is a great part of Portland to visit. As you said, 23rd is a lot of fun to stroll, and enjoy!

We look forward to seeing you once again!
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

HIE had a new Front desk person during our weekend stay. Extremely helpful, efficient, prompt, cordial, accommodating, knowledgable; almost super human. We got the floor and view per online request. Room was clean, nights quiet. Neighbourhood was safe at night. Will come back again.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your review. We are so very happy to hear that our staff member was able to be so helpful during your stay.

Hope to see you again soon!
Bangkok
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

stayed in the holiday inn express downtown portland for 2 nights
i've found the location very convenient for walking at downtown and for driving to anywhere in the area since its located on the highway entrance
free parking is also important since other hotels in the city charge for parking
the staff were very welcoming and this is always nice to have
the room itself is normal - gives good value for the money
only thing about this hotel and most of holiday inn i've been to is the pillow quality. the pillows are synthetic and do not "remember" the shape of the head. changing all pillows for hotel is quite an expense and for the price you pay i would not expect to get a real geese pillow but its just a thought

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review!

Our location is one of a kind, and we are so glad that you were able to take advantage of all that Nob Hill has to offer. Please let us know which pillow type you perfer the next time you are here. We will always try out best to ensure that our guests get the best sleep quality possible!

Thank you again.