“Berry good value”

Sauvie Island Farms
Ranked #47 of 414 things to do in Portland
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This was one of the first places I went when I moved to Oregon, completely by happenstance, and it was just beautiful. On a clear day in the summer when the crops are ready, you can stand on the path out to the blueberries and see Mts Hood, St Helen's, and Adams all at once - utterly gorgeous.

I'm a horrible customer, but we definitely tasted berries in the field. They are delicious and you can't best the u-pick value. I feel like its about 5-10x cheaper than the store so eventually we just started going with big bags and barrels and stocking up to store in the freezer. We didn't find a crop that wasn't perfect - spinach, straw/rasp/blue/marionberries, peaches, flowers - they have it all! Just check out the schedule on their website to see what's poppin!

It definitely goes crowded on the weekends with families and kids, but there's tons of produce to be had so get there before all the best fruits & veggies are gone!

Date of experience: July 2011
in 4 reviews
"activity"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed March 15, 2012

If I have an out of town guest from the city this is a place to take them. In the summer they have a great cut flower farm as well as fruits and vegetables to buy. Last time I was there they had several food booths and I tried the wood fired pizza very nice. I love to take kids out for pumpkin picking and hay rides. A good time for a family outing.

Reviewed August 3, 2011

I took five kids aged 6-14 to pick berries thinking it would occupy them for maybe an hour. LOL. We stayed for almost four and they still were not ready to leave. The farm was great!!! Acres of different berries to taste and pick including raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, cherries, blueberries! They had a blast riding behind the tractor and the guy even took them thru the sprinklers that afternoon. The day was a hit and their berry stained smiles said it all!!! Would highly recommend a trip out there! Beautiful location and kids loved it!

Date of experience: July 2011