“Outstanding Happy Hour in the Pearl!”
Review of Trader Vic's - CLOSED

Trader Vic's
Cuisines: American, Polynesian, Hawaiian, Caribbean
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: NW 12th
Transit: We are conveniently located one block from both the north and south bound Trolley cars, and bus 17 stops at the corner.
Description: :Temporarily closed due to fire: Trader Vic's was created by "Trader" Vic Bergeron in 1937 when he converted his saloon in Oakland, California, into a tropical retreat decorated with art and artifacts from the South Pacific, complemented by an ever-expanding menu of exotic and imaginative cocktails and Chinese/Polynesian-style food. Trader Vic's Portland offers an escape to paradise in the middle of the Pearl District. Enjoy great appetizers and finger foods, amazing entrees and mind-blowing exotic cocktails while surrounded by the world-famous Trader Vic's decor.
Issaquah, Washington
“Outstanding Happy Hour in the Pearl!”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We went for Happy Hour (4-10pm Sun-Thur) with our friends that live in the Pearl and it was one of the best HH we have been to (Portland or otherwise). The bar was full, but they seated us at a dining table just off the bar (they know there customers!). The Happy Hour menu has lots of great dishes like chicken lettuce cups, fried green beans (done like tempura), crispy shrimp, homemade BBQ pork, etc. There are more great pupus on the appetizer menu too. The HH wines were great, but the HH Mai Tai had too much ice (why is it that you have to go to Hawaii to get a good Mai Tai?). Service was excellent and we enjoyed several rounds of HH treats! Definitely worth a try if you are in Portland.

• Visited November 2013

Portland
“Have a Mai Tai!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is a very cute, Tiki style restaurant with a waterfall, Tiki bar and Asian influenced food. I've visited this restaurant several times but my most recent trip was for my mother and I to celebrate her 65th birthday, just the two of us. We shared a variety of appetizers (crab rangoon was our favorite) and a salad, it was plenty for the two of us. The waitress who was charming and efficient, overheard us toasting her birthday and brought her a free sundae with fudge and TONS of coconut. Overall we had a very nice time and my mother was quite pleased which was what really mattered. Be sure you try their Mai Tai, it really is that good. My mother's still talking about that drink!

• Visited November 2013
Portland, Oregon
“1,000 points on open table”
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

I made reservations at this restaurant because of the special on open table. While the food was good, I was disappointed that they literally did not have a salad dressing that wasn't cream based. The server didn't seem to understand my request and kept bringing me different cream based dressing. After several attempts at explaining he finally brought me some olive oil. He was attentive and nice enough I won't be back.

West Linn, Oregon
“Fantastic Restaurant for a Celebration!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We celebrated my daughter's birthday at Trader Vic's in Portland Oregon last month. The food was delicious from the appetizers to the desserts. The Mai Tais were heavenly. We love this place so much we are celebrating my 60th birthday there in two weeks. Having a sit down dinner for 35 people complete with the Tiki Bar. I can hardly wait!

• Visited August 2013
Lake Oswego
“Tropical vacation on Glisan Street”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I've always loved the idea of "Tiki restaurants" especially when they are classy and not tacky. Trader Vic's in Portland is exactly that. The interior is exquisite -- from the running water cascading down the stone wall as you enter, to the woodwork, tiki art and rattan work.

The cocktails are just as you would expect in a Polynesian restaurant, Zombies, Mai Tai's and Navy Grog... all served beautifully.

The meals are tasty, the choices many, and the presentation is lovely. I will come back here again and again anytime I want to take a quick tropical vacation and be back home in a couple of hours.

• Visited August 2013